Trampa Spur Gear Drive (with helical option), Trampa 6380s

What about adamantium?

2 Likes

Kugs beat me to it. There is much less stress on the large gear so POM is durable enough. Also we need to considering manufacturing capabilities. POM can be machined much easier and cheaper then steel can be. Maybe after thousands and thousands of more miles my PoM will fail. At that point I’ll just buy a new drive gear :slight_smile: no worse then regular maintenance on a car. I think I’ll easier get 10k miles before that happens.

5 Likes

I can see your point about the bigger gear.

I’ve run mine around 3000 miles so far with no wear on POM.

6 Likes

I had 5k miles on my ingear too so just like 1mm was off the real form but because of miss aligmnet of gear :slight_smile: At the moment have 500 miles on FatBoy SS literally 0 wear :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can see your point about the bigger gear

Maybe language barrier but I have no idea who you are talking to.

3 Likes

Like the Trampa Barrels in comparison to the E-toxx Elastomere dampers?

8 Likes

what helical angle did it use ?

Spring System: Retainer Spring Retainer

Elastomer System: Retainer Spring Retainer

Elastomer Springs are industry standard parts, just like bearings or screws or steel springs or anything else you can buy at industry suppliers. They were invented a long long time ago and are used in all sort of applications. There is not much design involved. It’s a cylindrical element with radius x and height y.

Duffman was the first to apply this existing part to spring trucks using the existing retainer-spring-retainer method. He uses the springs for quite a while now and they seam to work for him and others.

Same like belt drives, someone was the first to apply them to skateboards and now many people and companies use them. Existing technology applied to existing equipment again. There is hardly any design work involved.

This is not the end of the journey. Different elastomer springs want to be developed, different materials tested, etc. Things will move on.

5 Likes

Yet for a decade you didn’t think of applying this “existing technology” to your product until shortly after @Nowind and @Duffman brought it out.

You got the idea from them, and you wonder why people are now looking for other solutions where they were previously happy to use yours @trampa.

I’m just a lowly user of your tech, calling it as I see it. Happy with what I’ve bought, but not happy with how things are going ethics wise.

5 Likes

Competition breeds creativeness and lower prices. Any of you bad mouthing a company for bringing out their own version is nuts…unless you like monopolies and price gouging.

7 Likes

Well, if you like getting coppied when sure… For e.g. We considering to ditch trampa all together :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What happened to the rule with vendor bashing? @anorak234 @mmaner

The way I see it people are coming in to flame trampa for coming out with a product that exists elsewhere, derailing the thread that should be discussing their gear drives.

You don’t see the same in torqueboards direct drive thread for “copying” carvon. Its just trampa hate at this point. Whatever trampa decided in not selling to kaly/jens, thats between customer and vendor and should be resolved privately, no? Am I wrong?

12 Likes

You are never just a lowly user, my friend, and as others have stated before me: when businesses compete, consumers benefit.

I’m sure the makers you’ve mentioned here would be very happy to see your loyalty in your continued patronage.

Keep buying their stuff, become an ambassador for them, help them drive their sales on YouTube with your reviews and edutainment content.

Maybe you know someone at a retailer that can place advance orders with them, so they can build up a list of stockiest for their gear drive inventory, so they can hire employees and produce marketing content and take the actual, real business risks that Frank and Ted have with their own money.

That’s business, and to succeed at business they’ll need your full support.

Posting here accomplished nothing. Yet again, I am confident they appreciate your goodwill. I’m sure they’d appreciate orders more though :slight_smile:

Back to mechanics, thank you.

1 Like

Thank you.

I haven’t read the thread, I do t typically read trampa threads, and you are the only person to date to make the claim that it’s vendor bashing. Can’t make an adjustment without knowing.

I’m out if town and will be for a few days, so I’ll have to let one of the other mods handle it.

Personally, it’s irritating to be accused of failing in my responsibility when I didn’t know the issue existed. Maybe ease up on the accusations and not get your feelings hurt so easily. This is litterally a community of thousands if skaters, who are typically know for being the most sensitive folks.

5 Likes

Didn’t mean to come off as accusatory, just wanted to make sure leaders were aware. I saw the same thing happen in Kalys gear drive maintenance thread and it was dealt with promptly.

2 Likes

We’re good my brother and he isn’t stating anything is slipping on your watch.

Steve Jobs was a prick but when he said ‘creation is messy’ - that’s this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s all good. I just haven’t read the thread so didn’t know there was an issue. We have to be told about this kind of stuff sometimes.

2 Likes