TRAMPA Street & Urban Carver (WHATCHA THINK?) YAY OR NAY

What board and trucks are used in that picture ?

if you are still busy designing: i think finger slots to carry it around would be really great. trampas arent very easy to carry, especially when you ran them through mud & dirt and you have no leashes installed! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:heart_eyes: ok, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnt !! :smiling_imp: … you want me to stop all my build, and make this new crazy one, admit it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :innocent:

1 Like

@maxid Yo unfortunately i bought this peace of shit! Even when it’s really steep you have to push downhill because these wheels act like brakes!!! Unbeliavable ridicolous!

1 Like

Oh wow - that sucks. I just assumed it would be comparable to pneumatics in terms of additional “resistance”. One of the amazon reviews even states that he is happy with the board because he electrified it.

1 Like

Not at all! I think the dude wrote the amazon review before he realized that his battery range is only 3 kilometers! :joy:

Are the trucks the “Urbain” or “Street”

Which is best for street use?

The tires on that board seam to be solid rubber, high roll resistance. That does not work at all.

1 Like

There is no difference between the trucks! Urban and Street Trucks are the same Trucks. The only difference is the way they are put together (hanger reversed or in MTB position). This board uses the trucks with hangers in MTB position (non reversed). Its not a big job to change the hanger oriantation.

Frank

@whitepony The holes are a nice feature but they will always clash with the demand for wide battery boxes. Our battery enclosures are nearly as wide as the deck, so the holes are not what you want. A handle is also not what you want. The Flex and vibrations would kill it sooner than later + it looks funny IMHO. Boards also tend to hit a curb once a while and the handles would snap in that case. I will try to offer a longboard with a “holy” shape not clashing with the battery enclosure. We also made a slim battery enclosure ( one row of cellls) for short distance boards. This would work in combination with the holes in the deck.

Frank

Is it nessesary to go that Big on a Urethane Street tire (125mm) ?

Or is it to compensate for reversed Urban Hanger ??

I would think 100mm would be more than enough for a smooth ride, without raising board height more than nessesary ?

If you want to use our hubs, 125 is the minimum. You still want some meat on top of the hub. Thin Urethane makes your ride a bit bumpy. You can use any wheel you like on our Carvers. You can even ride with the “Urban Carve hanger position” and use 83mm wheel. It all depends on your terrain. The 125mm wheels fly over all the cracks in the pavement. I like them + they give your Board that “low profile tire look”. This is a serious machine to attack the URBAN environment - not a toy board. The low profile 6" pneumatics will also be aded to the range this year. All we want to do is: Provide a lot of choices for you guys, so that you can make your dream come true + try out differnet things.

Frank

6 Likes

You’re so right Frank! And I’ve spent too much money for cheap things because of saving money, that’s lost money! For example i have a Kheo Bazik mountainboard, the hubs wobble like hell! It took me hours to fit a sprocket!

Also i have all together now for my second electric longboard build BUT i have a problem now. I saw the urban/street carver and fell in love :heart_eyes: I stopped my buid because this is exactly what i need, top quality!

So @trampa i would like to order an electric urban carver and have 2 questions about it: I would slightly prefer 6" wheels or different tyres. Is it about a few weeks or a couple of months until you release them? If it’s later that year i think i go with the 7" for now. Second is about the deck, i have 74kg and like flex, so i think the 14-ply is alright for me. I just wonder if it’s too flexy at higher speed. But i don’t like stiff decks, i need flex. It’s hard to find out.

Hi @rich, You can pick up the 14 Ply, that’s perfect. If you ad a battery enclosure it will stiffen up the board a bit. The 7" are fantastic. The 6" will take a while to make. We are talking months. You can swap them later, when your 7" tires are worn out. Pick a deck without holes if you plan to stick your batteries underneath the board.

Frank

1 Like

Ok, thanks! I’ll make a flexible enclosure with 18650 cells underneath. Maybe i’ll mount bindings later, so is there a template when i drill it by myself? I want to have it exactly as it should be. Otherwise i would order it with holes for bindings even when i never use it.

We can provide the drillage pattern.

Frank

1 Like

Nice, good to know.

Can we use HS 11 for a Street Carver ?

I love the shape of that board !

What would be different using that board for street use ?

To be able to use the HS11 Deck you need to use the wide trucks to prevent wheel bite. The street carve mounts work best with the street carve trucks. Theoretically you could use the street carve motor mounts on a wide MTB truck. In that case you need to CNC the edges of the hanger body. Maybe filing the Hanger body down, so that the edges are nice and square would also work.

The Carveboard Deck is the result of a lot of testing. Its shape was developed to assure clearance towards the wheels and the ground. I would go for the carveboard deck! The HS11 Deck would sit lower towards the ground and in consequence it could touch the ground on extreme leans.

Frank

2 Likes

I just like the general body shape of the HS !

I will probably get the blanck deck Street Carver, holypro is nice but holes not good for battery enclosure.

I like holes over Trucks though!!, .does this deck material Router well ?,thinking of re producing truck holes ??