Twins! Trampa E-TOXX Helical Direct Drive 12S4P Builds

May I suggest a dual enclosure, someone else on the forum had @Kaly build one for him, I think he had a 12s4p in the enclosure under the deck like you and then he had a detachable box that went between his feet that housed a 12s7p or something like that.

I personally wouldn’t want to have my batteries mounted under my deck when riding off road on trails and over sticks as it could quite easily break the case and even the battery causing a fire. I don’t have any experience though

1 Like

I’m pretty sure both the HS11 and HolyPro are exactly the same, even the mounting holes are the same. The Trampa Carver is shorter and have different mounting points though, it sits higher from the ground, that is why I like the HS11 the most, even more than the HolyPro because you won’t need to cover the holes and there is a nice flat spot to mount the battery meter on the nose and on/off switch at the tail, as on the HolyPro there is a big hole that makes things just a tad more complicated.

If you weight like me, 70kg, I’d suggest to go with the 16ply, I got the 15 ply on the HolyPro and it’s a little bouncy, but after a couple of weeks you become an expert controlling the board even though is as flexy as my former GF

A flexy board will give you more damping on bad roads

I’m covering the enclosure in bed liner. Should give it some more protection. :wink:

The inside or outside of the case?

Oops, I may have misunderstood. Will ask @trampa later today :grinning:

Outside the enclosure. The bed liner will remain flexible too :smile:

Don’t worry just realised what you are talking about I thought you meant a legit liner for your bed. Lol

What does everyone think of this BMS http://bestechpower.com/444v12spcmbmspcbforli-ionli-polymerbatterypack/PCM-D131.html

Does anyone have any recommendations on a charger??

Get these components and make your own charging station:

IMO… with a undertray battery you want the HS11 because it dont come with cutouts in the area where you mount the enclosure

I just advice the 200kv because you asked for 60kmh… but better for offroad will be less like cobber and deckoz mentioned

Yap I actually have a 12s4p Vtc6 Battery on my twin vesc6 sk3-149 6.5inch street fighter and it gets nice warm… if you find a way with @Eboosted to fit more P in i would better go for 6p IMO

If you compare eboosted builds without bindings for commuting with “strapped” offroad riding you should consider that you are able to pull alot more amps

But in the end with quality cells why not… i dont care for my vtc6…

2 Likes

The HS 11 and The Holy pro feature the same outline. The Carve Board deck is shorter and features a different outline, allowing the wheels to clear the deck on extreme leans. The carver sits higher above the ground to avoid street bite on extreme leans.

2 Likes

Yea, you will need to cover up these holes like @Eboosted did. Other than that the holypro is sick :yum:

True, some motors test low, some high. Some are close to spec, some are way off like mine.

I am the owner of the second board here, i was interested in maybe top mounting my battery and going a bit larger. What enclosures are there that can fit a 5p or 6p?

Would you mind explaining why? Looking at the schematics between hs11 and holy pro 35, they look identical apart from the cutouts around the base plate and the holes on the deck.

Think he is confusing the street Carver and the hs11/holypro…

2 Likes

I remember hearing this as well, that the hs11 sits lower to the ground than the holypro. Been wondering the same. According to the schematics though they are identical (just missing the cutouts). Perhaps it was the carver that was being discussed, and I missread.

Sorry, I have heard the same about the HS11 sits lower than the HolyPro 35, but Frank clarified that they are the same :grinning:

Hey my friend,

i think @Eboosted is the man who can fullfilth your dreams :rofl:

I´m more the Lipo/Heatshring/Velcro shit to the deck guy :sunglasses:

Cheers

4 Likes

Right.

@FredrikHems @benjammin @egzplicit HolyPro and HS11 are exactly the same beside the holes. The Urban Carver has more ground clearance because the truck mounting holes are lower. Even with 7" wheels there is more ground clearance compared to Holypro with 8" wheels.

2 Likes