Twins! Trampa E-TOXX Helical Direct Drive 12S4P Builds

I’d go with the HS11 for a cleaner look, I’m using this board everyday I can’t go back to urethane, the only issue is weight if I need to carry it up starways

I am thinking of selling my HolyPro 15 ply deck and getting maybe HS11 at 17 ply or etc, today first time I almost shat my pants as I was going 50km/h and deck started flexing…

Even with the dampas?

Here are mine

I didn’t feeel any difference squishing them with my hands, might go to a wider drill bit

This is like nothing :smiley: I tried out idea of using Blue dampas with big holes it was working kinda same as yellow but stability at higher speed was higher but turning even worse…

So… The one thing I learned when pshaw had his trampa, was at speeds above 45kmph you really should be picking a rail and keep the board in a perpetual carve. Trampa trucks like to wobble when going straight at speed… So you have to mini carve. It’s weird.

I’m confused about y’all’s dampa drills

We are running without bindings so to turn board is really hard because dampas limits spring movement… And without dampa at speed for e.g. 35km/h it starts to wobble… And you lose easy dampening so you pick all bumps and etc with your legs…

Tried with urban carver didn’t liked, almost fell of several times so whole board was going with me… (Used freeboard bindings)

1 Like

That is mega dangerous! If you fall your leg will look like Benjamin’s. Foot facing in wrong direction…

Hey guys! Been a while since I originally posted; here to show off some progress. I’ve made a heatsink for the focbox’s and added a light bar to the front. I was surprised how well the light bar fit, I guess it was made to be. I’ll be running a voltage regulator to step down my 50V pack to 12V to power the light bar.

4 Likes

Nice!!! What a work of art!

I finally finished the battery pack and its necessary components. I originally was going to do an external BMS; I now realize I could fit a smaller BMS that would only be responsible for charging and not balancing when discharging.Holes were drilled into the side of the enclosure for the switches, LED lights, motor wires, and charge port as well as a slot for the heat sink. Working on building the circuit for the LED lights and making the remote/receiver.

3 Likes

12s8p? How come you used two different wires between the P groups?