Ultimate VESC Controller

Does your controller ever cut out mid-ride? Have been considering bluetooth but worried about interference

I created my own code for this, because I’m using my own hardware.

So my code won’t work for you, unless you have the exact same PCB as me :confused:

It never cut out mid-ride. I’ve never had a problem with this bluetooth module (HC-05, around 4$/piece).

I’m considering building my own bluetooth module and to integrate it with the other electronics, to save some space.

Also, range is 20m line-of-sight.

I just need to look at an example that i can play so I can start on my project. I’m doing something similar.

I’ll release the code and other files when everything will be finalized.

In the meantime, I suggest that you look at serial communication between two arduinos. The addition of bluetooth is simple, because it’s the same thing as having a wire between the two arduinos, except it’s wireless :stuck_out_tongue:

Here are some links:

edit: Code for the Adafruit screen is given by them, so it’s also pretty straightforward. I’ve managed to make it running in less than 10 minutes.

1 Like

this is pretty cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jJkVAt6YOw

Awesome dude! Please try to sell it

any updates on this amazing project ?

1 Like

Quick update!

Things were a little slow on the development, due to few issues, mainlyI had my electric skateboard stolen, so I did not had anything else to test and I wanted to ride a sk8, I had no spare VESC and I prioritized building a new esk8 first, and you guys know how difficult is to get VESC’s especially. So I finally got to a point that my esk8 is working, few minor things to add but I can work on both the remote and my esk8 at the same time.

Pictures of the new ride…

7 Likes

what wheel are those?

http://shop.mbs.com/accessories-488/mountainboard-wheels/mbs-all-terrain-longboard-wheels.html

2 Likes

What battery do you use?

I’m guessing you are asking what is battery of the skateboard, not the controller. The eSK8 uses custom batery made of a123 cells on a 12S2P configuration. I’ll make a post of my sk8 on a separete thread.

Ow hahah yes, indeed, ill check out build thread

Would there be the ability to add in cell monitoring to the controller?

How much is it?

Well, did you find some kind of workaround? Pun intended :wink:

1 Like

Did you try the nRF24L01 radio module ? - just wondering what you thought of it…

Is this project still going? @vitormhenrique

COOL!! How is it going on with you projekt? I cant wait to make it :heart_eyes: or can you send your codes to me?:stuck_out_tongue: @vitormhenrique