So closed end?

4 Likes

can you design one for the tb dd?

it would be perfect

1 Like

Yes, that can be done

2 Likes

that would be great as i ride rough

and maybe one for @rey8801 dd? his are huge and i can immagine them getting scratched constantly

2 Likes

Cost depend a lot on the material loading but we have gotten good results with moderate loading. There will be a cost add but not sure what it will be at this point since the material is made by only one company in the world and they are overseas.

4 Likes

Not entirely closed. Maybe a 30mm diameter hole on the end to allow it to be easliy removed.

3 Likes

Then yes, that can be done.

1 Like

Like this

Worth a test

At the same time…

It might make a lot more sense to make a sleeve that would be good for standalone motors or DD.

I want a sleeve that seals for selfish reasons.

If you’re going to test this out I’d try to make sleeves to fit the majority of motors out there.

3 Likes

Exactly, what would you consider the most popular motor size out there?

1 Like

63xx - 6374 and 6355 should be the main two

3 Likes

So what are their dimensions, 63mm od and what length?

1 Like

don’t know the motor CAN dimensions exactly maybe @torqueboards can help out?

1 Like

53mm is the flat part of the can for 637415543299978067500906378406852988

4 Likes

instead of doing lines sideways maybe you can do lines vertically, that way it looks more natural. also some inspiration from carvon

IMG_20180131_103417_171_480x480

the black part is their custom urathane sleeve for the coolwheel hubs :joy:

as long as it doesn’t trap heat and it protects the motor can aganist minor impacts it would be solid.

3 Likes

Our process for high performance urethane is open mold so we could not get it out of the mold unless we did clamshell style which is way more expensive. Carvon hogged out black urethane wheel to make theirs and from my knowledge did not have any ribs

7 Likes

can you simplify it for a average person?

so no lines vertically?

2 Likes

Correct for a normal open mold that is gravity poured

1 Like

for the tb dd you make need to make the id a bigger to accommodate for the ridges

download

2 Likes

@Alphamail

how elastic is the material?

4 Likes

This would be the view looking down into the mold. If the fins were with the circumference, you could not remove the part unless the mold was hinged and even that would not work that well.

4 Likes