V4.12 Direct VESC - OllinBoardCo

Just heard from them, they will no longer be visiting the forum.

That’s unfortunate :frowning: I valued his posts.

Did he provide an update when you talked to them? @Michael319

Yes, they were having small issues, so they fixed them and put in a new order, they should be arriving within a week or 2. I was told that I would have one in my hand in 2 weeks.

By any chance have you gotten yours yet?

Pretty sure the first few batches went to FreeRide preorders. Preorders just started getting fulfilled so a bit longer.

What’s free ride? I pre ordered t the first day it came up on ollinboards.

Nice!! Did you preorder it from ollin boards and did they send you a tracking number?

yes, I preordered it, but I had to contact them for my tracking number

1 Like

did you end up getting it? I’ve been trying to contact them for a week and they haven’t responded to my email.

Try to contact them on Facebook, they’re much more responsive there. And yes I did receive it.

Did you receive 2.0 or 2.1?

What is 2.1?

The new version. It’s on their site now, shipping end of March

The hell is the difference?

1 Like

Releasing a new product before some people even receive their pre order for the previous product is kind of ridiculous, hopefully they have some sort of upgrade like Carvon.

Especially if there is a flaw with 2.0

From what ive heard from them, 2.0 is the same form factor as the old vesc, just with all the new updates, and the one used in thier freeride board. The 2.1 is the new form factor with the the heatsink attached. Which one did you get?

So same form factor as normal vesc just with a heat sink? Are the capacitors in the normal place of is it one large one as the picture on thier website shows?

Would you mind sending a picture if its no trouble?

I have no clue, I’ve been trying to get mine for months now and then I checked the site. It now says 2.1 instead of 2.0 and is no longer discounted. Idk what the difference is.

Can you post pics of what you received? Kind of jealous you already have yours. I wanted to wrap up my boards at end of January when they were supposed to ship but I’ve been stuck waiting on them.

Looks exactly like the old one with an aluminum heatsink on it.