V4.12 Direct VESC - OllinBoardCo

Just count me in for 2! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I ordered a pair with heatsinks earlier this yearā€¦ Iā€™ve never used them, that includes soldering, but I only cut off the heat shrinks. Can I exchange them?

Any updates? I saw them on your site. @chaka

Definitely interested! Also, what do you think the capability is withouth the heatsink? What are the dimension without a case?

Iā€™m getting short on space with my 10S4P.

They do well without heat sinks if you want to save money and space but you need heat sinks if you want to drive them hard.

My preference would be to run with heatsink just not sure if I can fit it with them.

Do you have anymore pics? What are the dimensions without the heatsink? Do these peform any better than the old layout when neither have heatsinks?

is there some data evidence showing that the ā€œoriginalā€ VESC is getting in ā€œbad shapeā€ and your or other vesc under steroids are outstanding its ā€œperformanceā€? Not sure Iā€™m using the right words; but wondering if such tests were done to assess the benefits in a real case situation of someone who is riding; sort of a gap analysis ā€¦ but with real riding figures/live mode.

@Eboostin We will be releasing product photos soon.

@unik We covered this already on your forum didnā€™t we? I know I have covered the limitations of the original VESC extensively on this forum. The search function should give you the information you need.

@chaka thanks a lot for the kind words :slight_smile: I was much more asking about real life video riding evidence that may show that a VESC freezes or burnā€¦ vs yours ā€¦ that still survive and this is way better for the user than all the top notch experts that speak complex languages. But you are right, Iā€™m sure I will find such video with the search button.

1 Like

I am sure you will find the information you need. Frankly, I am surprised you were unaware that the original VESC will overheat if you push it hard. It is well known among seasoned builders.

1 Like

been quite busy last year on my project; some people are lucky enough to have a garageā€¦ I had a 3x3 meters square room to develop it !! seems I have to get up to speed on some topics. cheers!

Any pictures or updates on production? @chaka

No pics available to the public yet, but pre orders should be shipped by the 30th

lol @Michael319 thatā€™s why I asked chaka if heā€™s got any. :wink:

1 Like

Are these close to shipping out? @chaka

Iā€™m wondering the same thing, @chaka told me mine would be shipped out 2 weeks ahead of the other orders, but still no word. One of their customer service reps sent me they still havenā€™t finalized the design, they will let us know when they do. But Iā€™m not sure she has accurate information.

I hope thatā€™s not the case. I paid with the expectation that they were completed and shipping out on or around the end of January. Itā€™s only the 31st so I get it but would hope to have it in hand in the next two weeks.

@Eboostin

Hmmm, well hopefully they are close.

Ollin Has a solid reputation from what Iā€™ve read and my one previous purchase so not worried, some updates would be nice though

1 Like

Thatā€™s how I feel, I still have the utmost respect for them. Havenā€™t heard anything in over 2 weeks though.

Any updates? @chaka