Vesc Bad Motor Detection/0 Faults/Motor&Solder Joints Ok/FW 2.18 Vesc 4.12 PLEASE HELP!

he statees you need ubuntu, can I use this with windows??

Yes thereā€™s a windows version right there

2 Likes

thank you forthe help! I will post on what happens!

1 Like

unknown error in bottom left hand corner where it always says connected. In the beginning it stated it was connected,limited for fw update. After upload I try to connect and refresh the tool and it canā€™t find the device. The device ā€œdisconnectsā€ from the computer. I hear the computer make the sound of a device leaving my computer after upload. After restarting the vesc and rebooting my tool it reads 2.18 fw again. :unamused:

also after upload the green light goes away and itā€™s just the blue light until I restart the vesc

Hmm your vesc might be one of the old ones that didnā€™t have a bootloader preinstalled

You could use Vesc-tool to install the 2.54 firmware and a bootloader

That tool in the files? Iā€™m sorry I donā€™t quite know what tool you mean the ackamniac tool or another bldc tool? I deleted my other tools, but no biggie because had nothing saved haha. Can you help me with how to get the bootloader on my vesc?

http://vesc-project.com/vesc_tool

now Iā€™m super confused because on ackmaniacā€™s tool it stated I already had a bootloader on my vesc and now on this tool itā€™s telling me if I have a bootloader and try to download another bootloader it will ruin the vesc and I canā€™t upload fw anymore?

Try flashing 2.54 firmware first then with vesc-tool Bin file from ackmaniacs on vesc-tool

ok so I flashed the bootloader on it at first because remember the 2.54 firmware wouldnā€™t load before. It was successsful to update to the 2.54!!! But now Iā€™m still having issues with motor detection :neutral_face: so Iā€™m getting closer, but not quite there yet haha

what do you mean bin?

That was the firmware file but since you already flashed it doesnā€™t matter lol

Still no motor movement or sound and no faults?

1 Like

oh haha :smile: well now to get my motor detection done! What tool is better the ackmaniac or vesc website one?

You said it doesnā€™t work still, which were you using, you can only use one with each specific version

Ackmaniacā€™s but still bad motor detection

Still no sound,movement or faults during/after detection?

Can you post a pic of the real-time tab and make sure to activate sampling

sure do you want me to press any of the arrow keys or just let the realtime data show by itself for certain amount of time?