VESC Connect BETA PROGRAM [Abandoned - Incomplete]

Please let me know if you have one left to sell.

Jacob, itā€™s been almost 7 weeks since the announcement and funding of this. What is happening? There is absolutely no info being sent out to anyone about this, is the project still ongoing?

2 Likes

@jacobbloy another week has now passed. I havenā€™t seen any emails or updates.

Email received, thanks @jacobbloy! Any chance of releasing the Android source code, maybe open source, so I can improve the UI a bit and make a fork with some features I would use like fast preset switching. To switch RPM limiting and break power with just one tap or crazy features like GPS based RPM limiting maybe?

Anyway the app looks complete, I havenā€™t tested it yet, I have a spare bluetooth module and I will try to connect it soon, here are some screenshots of the Android version not yet connected

All, I too received an email from Jacob a few hours ago. It was flagged as a ā€œPromotionā€ by gmail, so I didnā€™t see it until I looked. So, if you are on gmail, go look thereā€¦

EDIT: Also, for iphone users, the email from Jacob asked for UUID. In fact, you need to send him the UDID. You can get that information a few different ways. See here: https://betafamily.com/superudid or here: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/udid-sender/id306603975?mt=8

I cannot vouch for the safety of either the betafamily website or the app (though that is presumably safeĀ®).

1 Like

i can add you to the list via your apple id as well instead of UUID but you will need to have an iTunes connect account.

You mentioned you were shipping receivers in your email - could you bundle my wheel covers with it to save on shipping?

Thanks Jacob for the email! Iā€™m glad you have got back to us all. The app is looking pretty good and smooth on Android! Would you want feedback for the app sent directly to you or in this thread?

Hmmm im using gmailā€¦ Donā€™t see the email, whereā€™s this "promotion"folder? Im assuming itā€™s the junk folderā€¦ But nothing in there

Yeah, itā€™s an auto sort folder of some kindā€¦ No matter where it is, just search for vescā€¦ It should show you all email in any location with that term. That is how I found mineā€¦ Itā€™s possible, of course, that the email didnā€™t go to everyone at the same timeā€¦ Good luck

Whatā€™s the plan for keeping UDIDā€™s secure?

First, I doubt that a hacker is going to go after these 20 UDIDs. Second, risks posed by UDID leaks are overblown. Iā€™m not the least bit worried about it personally.

You can use your Apple ID instead but I will need you to sign up for an iTunes connect account

@jacobbloy have all the emails been sent out? I havenā€™t received anything apart from the order confirmation back in April.

Is an iTunes Connect account the same thing as a Developer account that is $99usd per year? Any way you can just get this in the app store?

I can login at https://itunesconnect.apple.com, but have no idea if that means I have a Connect account.

Has anyone received an iOS build yet?

Nothing here yet

No. Not from him. I compiled it by myself. But I must say it is not working good. Cant write changed settings to the VESC and some readings are also not correct. Jacob have not said a word to that, after I stated that. I think he donā€™t want someone for beta testing.

I donā€™t think Iv ever had this feed back from you? And where are you compiling the build from? As I havnt posted any thing on line for a long time.

Also even for iOS there is an approval process to get it sent out to beta testers.