Vesc PPM Control Modes
- Disabled: Nothing at all, motor is off.
- Current: Torque control. This is what Vedder prefers since it feels most natural for him. No hobby grade ESCs have current control.
- Current no reverse: Save as above but no reverse function. Note that centring the now will give half throttle.
- Current no reverse with brake: No reverse, but centre is zero torque. Reversing will brake, but not change motor direction.
- Duty cycle: Duty cycle or voltage control. What most hobby ESCs use.
- PID speed control: The throttle command is interpreted as a speed set command and closed-loop control is used to maintain that speed. “PID max ERPM” sets what max throttle should be interpreted as.
What control modes are you using on your eboards?
I have been using current control no reverse, it works fine. However, when coming to a slight hill if you don’t increase your throttle position you will slow down because the load on the motor increases but you are are not increasing the current. I am curious to see how this will behave when approaching a hill with cruise control activated whilst using current control. As I now have a remote controller that has a cruise control function i plan to try the duty cycle option to see what result is more desirable.