Wanted: Dead boosted board battery management system V1 preferred but I would try V2

Still have it?

Yes still have it

Anyone still have a working V1 BMS?

Hello everyone, I was wondering did any of you guys manage to get to the bottom of this and figure out how this BMS works and is it possible to replace the battery pack with an identical one? reverse image search email checker I recently bought a BB-V1 and the battery pack still works for now but does not hold charge for as long as it should. I have managed to find a company that is capable of building and replacing the existing pack with an identical one but not sure if I should I proceed with it as I don’t want to run the risk of bricking it.

Also the CANDUMP log file is it worth giving it to someone on Fiverr to figure it out?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I didn’t have much luck in finding out anything with regards to the CANBUS sniffing however I have proceeded open the battery pack and saw there was a damaged resistor on the BMS (RT4). Not sure if it was damaged when opening it or burnt out inside. My BMS and battery pack has now been left with a friend who is an electrician that deals with micro electronics and will try to replace the broken resistor and attempt to reconnect the BMS to the battery pack. If it works I will ask him what he done and how he went about fixing it in detail and will post the findings provided its fixed and functioning safely.

I don’t hold much hope for this as anyone who has said they have managed to repair the battery has been vague in the process this is based on posts on Reddit about battery packs being replaced by end users. But fingers crossed hope it works so it can help anyone else on here!

Any updates? If someone could make a spoofer that allowed v2 batteries that would be amazing

Not yet I’ve left it with him over Christmas period and not sure he had time to look over it as soon as I get some info I’ll be sure to post something.

Yeah if the V2 battery could work that would be great and would stop a lot of people wasting perfectly good parts

1 Like

Hi everyone just want to know has anyone had luck in replacing the batteries, my bms is working perfectly only problem is I let it sit for a year and I’m thinking of opening it up and resoldering new batteries, would this work?

hey awesome!!! this is exactly what I was looking for. Congratulations to you for actually posting the data instead of just talking about it or making it a file that I can’t download.

I sorted it and here’s what’s in there: message ID 0B57ED01 and 0B57ED02 are uncertain so far, but they contain analog values and I don’t know what they mean. I’m looking those over and i’ll post again when i get more info.

message ID 0B57ED03 comes ten times per second, first this data: 000000000F00FF00 then this data ten times (one seconds worth): 00000000271C0000 then this for the rest of the log: DBBC1000271C0057

message ID 0B57ED04 says this once: 46FA00007D043A00 and then this one second later and every second after that: 550057007D043A00

message ID 0B57ED05 says this once per second C50F130000000000

message ID 0B57ED81 is an incrementing heartbeat 4 times per second, unknown if it repeats because your log ends at 19 and it hasn’t wrapped around. A longer log will tell us what it counts to before restarting, probably FF which is 255 which is about 63 seconds: 0100000000000000 0200000000000000 0300000000000000 … and so on.

I will come back and post what I learn and share an arduino program that can be used with an MCP2515 CAN board or something, maybe i’ll spin up a board to free the boosteds. Anyone interested?

1 Like

You can contact Shannon Austin. He has some BMS in perfect condition. Here’s his email [email protected]