Wanted: tester in San Diego for a new gear drive

Looking for a tester in San Diego for a new gear drive with inter-changeable wheel and motor spur gears, PM me.

Specs:

• Regular Cal II truck (no modification of hanger)
  • Dual 6355s
  • 14mm 1.5M spur gear, 20 degree pressure angle
  • Interchangeable wheel spur gears 42,43,44,45, and 46t
  • Interchangeable motor spur gears 15,16,17, and 18t
  • Gear ratio 2.33 to 3.29, total of 20 ratio combination

file1-2

file2-4%20(1)

file-12%20(1)

file1-8

file-6

file-3%20(1)

file2-6

file-5

file2-8

file1-1%20(1)

22 Likes

I’m not in Cali. Just north in Oregon. If you change your mind I’m always willing to test.

5 Likes

I’m in San Diego, I’m sure @Arzamenable would love to try it, if I had access to my board, I would be more then willing to

2 Likes

and the race is on! this looks exciting :wink: east coast interested tester here =P

3 Likes

Wish this was in Sacramento :’(

1 Like

@marcmt88 i Feel like @sofu would be a good tester for this. She has experience testing drives and reviewing/ problem solving possible issues.

10 Likes

Yeah, sofu is the way to go, I don’t even have a board at the moment for gods sake😭

3 Likes

Ideally, I want someone locally with an eboard on hand ready to mate with my setup. Someone that can meet me over the weekend at my place for dynamic testing. My neighborhood has a variety of terrain, great place to trouble shoot and find problems.

1 Like

@Arzamenable is the man, I definitely am not. He is in little Italy and has a thew allterain boards

1 Like

@sofu always gets the free stuff u-u

I would totally test it :yum: testing another gearbox right now so it would be a great comparison I think

I totally understand if you wanna keep it local though I would too

@neiru37 I’ll let you ride the gearbox build if you want :wink:

1 Like

Just helpful for me to see, hear, and feel of the ride in person and to fine tune them on the spot.

1 Like

Don’t you have an esk8 of your own?

1 Like

Busted my knees awhile back, still recovering…:angry:

8 Likes

Damn. That sucks dude.

1 Like

Ouch, wish a fast healing, i should have a fully working board soon, just waiting on two focbox I ordered a while back, should be coming Thursday

1 Like

Main reason I’m not the right person for this, is the fact I don’t like to exeed 25mph while riding

1 Like

On the bright side, give me more time to design new stuffs :grin:

7 Likes

@marcmt88 I’m not in San Diego but would definitely be able to test out a gear drive. Hell I would even pay to ship it here. Living in a beach town with sand constantly be blown into the road would test it durability

Nice! What’s the size of the gearbox? What would the clearance be like on Boas or 107s?