Warriors Path Challenge

A race with yourself? Everyone else just wanted to finish the ride at that point :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Haha me Alvin and Edwin were gunning it lol, you were in the back sagging with the Lasag

4 Likes

Nice to see people with some beast boards :slight_smile: those are huge packsā€¦

3 Likes

Hi there. I was the 12s8p fvt 8inch pnumatics. I was running 50psi. Edit: rider weight 220lb fully loaded.

5 Likes

You got me wanting more speed I donā€™t need lol. What do you need to go over 40mph for?

1 Like

Lies! False news! I was making sure the slower guys like Boosted and Evolve stay with the route.

But I heard someone took a cab instead :eyes::eyes:

The new Kaly 2.0 is up for pre-orderā€¦ I was waiting for it but bought the LaCroix to help out a friendā€¦You better believe Iā€™ll be getting a Kaly 2.0 - LaCroix owners that weighed 100 pounds less than me were in the same boatā€¦ It was sadā€¦ Every other board was moving under itā€™s own power except the LaCroixsā€¦ Peeps can laugh it off or go into attack mode or even move this thread but itā€™s what happened and I was just relaying it to @Archā€¦

Mine is called LaKwameā€¦:facepunch:t6:

We cannot understand it because we have made different experiences. Dual 6374 190kv motors with a ~1:4 reduction on 200mm tires have plenty of juice!

The only bottlenecks are the conservative settings and using liion instead of lipos. It seems as you want a lipo + vesc 75/300 power rocketā€¦ lolā€¦

Need that extra zoom, the more zoom the better.

1 Like

You had to be there thenā€¦ and as I stated before this was not a Raceā€¦ It was a Rideā€¦ total course was only 57milesā€¦ if you can get 30 miles per full charge then that means you should only have to charge once fully during the rideā€¦ I made sure to charge at every oppourtunity I got and still had to get towed on two occasions. I even shared an Uber with another LaCroix rider (DSS60) for a stretch along the highway cause both of us was completely out of juice. While in the uber we passed another LaCroix (DSS60) that was being towedā€¦ (This was the rider that got into the accident and had to go to the hospital) To add insult to injury there was a guy who was kick pushing and he made it to a couple of checkpoints before me cause I couldnā€™t go faster than him kick pushing.

The Ride was fun and challengingā€¦ instead of being in front and having to stop at each light on Prospect Ave I would hang back and coast to the light to conserve and try to time it so the light would turn green before I came to it. I did a lot of coasting trying to make it to the endā€¦ Being able to get 14-15 miles per charge is a no no because then you will have to wait 4-5 hours for a full charge again to get another 14-15 milesā€¦ we only had a limited amount of time between stopsā€¦ and thatā€™s if you made it there with the packā€¦ so do the math yourself

15 miles (5hours) 15miles (5hours) 15 miles(5 hours) (15 miles) = (60-57 miles) 15 hours charging!!!

Who in their right mind wants to spend 15 hours chargingā€¦ hence I got towed twice and took an Uber once. After the Ride I took a train uptown with two other riders and got towed to my friends car and driven home afterwards. Another rider on a DIY board got out the car at my house googled his location put on his helmet and rode another 15 minutes to his houseā€¦ These are the FACTS!!!

Note: That soft cutoff seems to occur around the 60% mark (Battery) for meā€¦ This is boosted board speed 18-22mph max.(Youā€™ll know it when you want to go faster and realize you already have the throttle pinned) :hushed: When the board is dead it shows 30-25% Battery Remaining. This was during August when I first received the boardā€¦ These numbers are via the Xmatic app which was called TestFlight back in Augustā€¦ I think a lot of people believe they have 50% Battery left when in Reality they have already hit the soft cutoff and are only 20-25% away from being completely dead. Now if the board is dead at 25-30% battery then why does it take 5 hours to charge fully???:thinking:

Maybe my board is defectiveā€¦:thinking:

This is all very simple.

A 10s4p 30q pack has 430ā€™ish WH at nominal voltage. At 30 WH per mile at 100% efficiency (I usually calculate at 85) you get something close to work.14.3 miles out of that pack. Remember, thatā€™s perfect conditions.

If you want 30 miles you need a 860 WH pack. If you want to charge faster, get a 4 or 5 amp charger.

3 Likes

Honestly thereā€™s nothing to argue over. Either you change soft cutout limit yourself or you get a faster charger. I have mine set at 3V soft 2.8 abs cutoff to get the most of the capacity out of the cells. honesly tho. production board are not made to do 57 miles, and at no point LaCriox ever adviser for that amount of range. If you want that extreme range you shouldā€™ve done the math before entering the Ride.

Iā€™m running 13s4p 30qs, and gets about 17Wh/mile in BaeSk8 grouprides. so I get about 561.6* 85% (capacity under load) * 85% (efficiency) /17 = 24ish miles per full charge.

1 Like

yeah what he said! on that note @BOOSTEDO hmu if need an 8amp fast charger! #shamelessplug lol

So Ericā€™s board, your Bulldog, Boostedoā€™s Lacroix, a Kaly and Edwinā€™s board. Is that right? Iā€™m willing to bet all these except boostedoā€™s have Kaly 6 amp chargers. Well maybe not Eric cause he has a 13s. But like Alex said, boostedoā€™s voltage cutoffs are probably too conservative and his charger slower so his battery pack would be less strained and would take a longer while before having to be replaced. Kinda like how boosted has a 199wh ā€œeffectiveā€ battery pack when itā€™s actually 200+wh and has a 2a charger when Iā€™ve seen SF people charge their boosteds with 4a just fine.

2 Likes

I was on Alpha 12s10p top mounted. Obviously a fast charger would mitigate that problem but at the end of the day, a 12S on the LaCroix would be better than a 10S, was my original point.

1 Like

How about this one :rofl: https://www.amazon.com/Volt-Battery-charger-style-Connector/dp/B00QL2TU4S

Not gonna lie this is a dumb thread. Youā€™ve been told probably whatā€¦ 8 times. The problem you havenā€™t isnā€™t the board you got. Itā€™s YOU, you expected 25miles+ on a 50 cell board running pneumatics.

This ainā€™t a great example but Iā€™ve got a 10s5000mah board. It can get 20km if Iā€™m conservative. Now your is what 10s15000mah? So letā€™s say you could get 60km range. Now Iā€™m on urethane, itā€™s also known that pneumatic wheels decrease range by 40- 60% so letā€™s assume you could get 30km of moderate riding. Now my batteries are also set at the lowest cutoff, your are not.

Letā€™s just leave it there you should be getting anywhere between about 25 - 40km of range, lastly I weigh only 60kg. (Yes, I am one of those midget leprechaun :four_leaf_clover:)

Basically what Iā€™m trying to say is you should be getting 30km of range or 18ish miles, but you weight almost double what I do, and it was very cold. I think the way it performed is how I would expect

1 Like

Isnā€™t kaly using the same cells tooā€¦ hmmmm :thinking:

1 Like

I was charging at 8.7 amps lol, I charged for like 20 mins and went to play smash and then took a nap afterwards. And even after I woke up @BOOSTEDO still hasnā€™t fully charged smh

P.S my board is not 1:3, its 18:60 so around 1:3.3

2 Likes