Weird choice: Boosted board vs eskating dual beast

Lol man you should activate your eskating affiliate program then :joy:

1 Like

I went for the 10s4p. The range and performance are already more than enough for me. The 12s5p would only increase cost and weight, without me needing or wanting the additional performance and range. I went with the eskating (maytech) remote, I hope I made a good choice. This is my first eskate but I used to skateboard when I was young and I am familiar with all the batteries and electronics since I am also into RC models.

2 Likes

Iā€™m actually selling a my latest buildā€¦ dual 6355 190kv board 12s2p. Shred lights and everything youā€™d need for $1100 in the US. Let me know

I love that remote its great. Super nice with the 2 speed modes that can be adjusted on the fly! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whaaat @taz ?? Are you kidding me?? Albertoā€™s Dual Beast all day, baby!

Most esk8 companies should be like his. He is in far away Italy but his products appear at your door like they were comming from around the corner. Best fast shippment and product quality Iā€™ve seen in all esk8 world. I will buy anything from Eskating with my eyes close. :+1:

https://eskating.eu/

5 Likes

I knew it was a bad idea to spend time in this forumšŸ™ I emailed Alberto and changed the battery to 12S5P :joy:

7 Likes

The board is shipped. UPS says it should be here on Wednesday.

10 Likes

The board is here :stuck_out_tongue: It is beautiful and it is freaking hugeā€¦

I am all dressed up and ready to go for my first ride

13 Likes

Now I have a few questions.

1. WTF have I gotten myself into? Are you guys fucking insane? This was one of the scariest experiences of my life and I have done some weird shit. People are riding these things without a helmet?
  2. How the hell am I supposed to stop this thing if the brakes fail? I know how to slide a skateboard but this is not happening with 97mm soft wheels. Donā€™t tell me foot braking because by the time I reduce my speed I will be posing as a hood ornament in some chickā€™s SUV.
  3. What is that odor that comes off my pants and underwear and how do I get rid of it?

Seriously though it looks like they are really fun once you get used to them. I thought that since I am comfortable on my skateboard a big eskate would be easier. This is not the case.

I will write some more when I get that brown thing off my clothes. I donā€™t know how it got there since I did not see any mud while comfortably cruising around :thinking:

23 Likes

welcome to the club :rofl:

2 Likes

lol yes !!

6 Likes

Great postā€¦

Made me laugh :grinning:.

Yep, thatā€™s it. But with practice, itā€™s usable. I can foot break from 20mph in about 50 ft. You can always roll out, but that hurts and you look like a twerp :grinning:.

4 Likes

Thanks guys. It feels really reassuring to know I am not alone in the madness :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

I have a couple more questions:

1. I got speed wobbles above a certain speed, I was relaxed and had my weight forward but it seemed strange to get these on an Evo board when I donā€™t even get them on my normal skateboard close to these speeds. Unfortunately I have no way of knowing what speed that was since (see question 2)
  2. My metr.at app fails to connect to the Bluetooth module, I read about incompatibility with some phones running Oreo 8. I have a Samsung Note 8, is it one of the affected phones and if yes is there a solution?

I Just cross your fingers. XD

2 Likes

question 1. tight your truck especially back once u get used to loosen them gradually.

1 Like

I already gave the rear truck a couple of turns . We will see how it feels tomorrow. Any advice on bushings for Calber 50 trucks?

You can dewedge the rear truck and look into different bushings catered to your weight and riding style. Bushings: Riptide!

2 Likes

Venom bushings also have a really good rep

As for wobbles, I always try to get lower to the deck and constantly carve a little (so you move like a snake). These seem to be popular advices to avoid the wobbles.

1 Like

I think its essential to learn this, after not foot breaking in years Iā€™ve spent months using only my foot and feel safe at 30mph knowing I can foot break slow enough to run or roll if I had too, its really helped my confidence at speed no more ā€˜omg Iā€™m going to die if my breaks fail right nowā€™ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So I have made 20km with the board so far. 10km was this morning coming to work with a backpack. I definitely need to make changes on the bushings on the board since with the stock bushing it turns like a boat. I have ordered riptide 83A, 88A and 93A WFB barrel bushings to play with. As per Alphamailā€™s advice and my own findings I need to loosen up the front and stiffen the rear. The range on that thing is insane, after 20km my battery is at 87% :dizzy_face: (granted most of the way to work is downhill)

2 Likes