Weird choice: Boosted board vs eskating dual beast

They have a good rep for being inconsistent in their quality control. Sometimes you buy them and get really good bushings with extreme amounts of rebound. Other times you buy them and get bushings with below average rebound. If you want consistency, just get RipTide KranK bushings.

Getting lower to the ground in itself doesn’t help with preventing speed wobbles. The side-effect of getting lower to the ground is that it forces you to place more weight on your front foot. That’s the actual bit of advice. Put more weight on the front of the board instead of the back.

Just google for speed wobbles - you actually find a lot of youtube tutorials on this. Mostly for “normal” downhill skating, but everything also applies to esk8. Maybe it helps

Thanks. I used to skateboard when I was younger and still do from time to time so I am familiar with speed wobbles. This deck is completely different from a normal skateboard and the fact it is powered makes matters different. For example when I release the throttle at over 30km/h (around 19mph) I get speed wobbles no matter how gentle I am with it. Anyway I am sure one part is the board setup and another myself. So I have ordered bushings to cover the first and will do lots of riding to get more familiar and comfortable with it.

1 Like

Another update. I crashed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: due to speed wobbles. The visor of my helmet is scratched (no other damage on the helmet after thorough inspection) I also ripped a little my motorcycle jacket and have road rash on the right side of my lower back (still can’t figure out how that happened :thinking:)

The speed was around 25km/h so too low to even justify the wobbles, so when I got home I inspected the board carefully and found out the following.

The board has 2 sets of angled riser pads one of which is from a soft rubbery material.

The trucks where not tight enough on the board and the whole baseplate was moving aroung making the board extremely unstable. I tightened down the baseplates on the board and went for a quick spin and it was night and day difference. The photos are after tightening down the baseplates. Unfortunately the roads where I did the test did not allow for a proper evaluation (hills with bad quality tarmac) but the first impression is very positive. Still there is a lot of tuning to be made.

5 Likes