What charger are you using for 12s7p

yeh sorry new around here, @accrobrandon sorry about the link in your thread i thought it was an info thread and saw others post chargers there too. removed post. apologise about that.

what thread do you have for charger and does it have AU plug? im also looking at doing a 7p build so the higher amp is what im looking for

go to aliexpressā€¦ theyre reliableā€¦ if you buy bigger than an 8amp you might have a larger than normal charger depending which u buyā€¦ 8 is pretty solid tho

2 Likes

No biggieā€¦ That dude on mine was trying to be a smart ass like ā€œwhy should I buy yours when thereā€™s the same for cheaperā€ ā€¦ Except he didnt even link the same comparable chargerā€¦ Basically didnt do his homework before trying to punk me :wink:

yea Iā€™m that smart ass, sorry to have offended but your egregious price seemed to warrant a response.

if I needed a charger Iā€™d get this one, 8amps, adjustable voltage to 60v so works with 10s or 12s

MYSWEETY Adjustable DC Power Voltage Converter AC 110V-220V to DC 0-60V Module 60V 8A Switching Power Supply Digital Display 480W Voltage Regulator Transformer Built in Cooling Fan

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HGQXW9V

No offense I got the 8a charger that @accrobrandon sold and I didnā€™t find it expensive itā€™s something I can Chuck in my back pack and not worry about it, canā€™t do that with the charger you linked it seems more delicate.

1 Like

Iā€™m not mad atchu u shouldve just linked this one first and not one that didnā€™t fit the statement u were trying to makeā€¦ People have options and some have particular levels of ā€œdisposable incomeā€ and although a particular item maybe cheaper or even a better performer it could just be something fits a particular look theyre looking forā€¦ Whetevers good

Is this a constant current / constant voltage power supply?

Btwā€¦ 0% charge for liions is 2,5 v, but not recommended to discharge that low, so people usually donā€™t discharge till no more than 2,8-3,0 volts.

Do you sell charger with AU plug, I donā€™t want any, adapters. Or if it just takes the standard PC plug I can just use 1 from here since they are only like $4 but I also need to know what charging pins it has so I can get the same. Iā€™m after a GX16-3 pin or even 2 pin specifically.

no, just order one off aliexpress and you can specify what plugs you need in your orderā€¦ AU plug and 2.1 or 2.5ā€¦ or whatever it is u wantā€¦

2 Likes

Idk where you heard that but it does charge all the way to 50.4V. That is the voltage that comes out. It works great and it hasnā€™t had any issues. The case is plastic but having a fan on it is a nice touch.

image Who know this charger Is good or not ? Thank you

I use a 3 amp 12s charger from miamielectricboards. Itā€™s a 12s7p 30q pack. 40$

https://miamielectricboards.com/shop-1/12s-charger

3amp is gonna take like 10 hours to charge a 7p. He should use a more powerful charger.

1 Like

i got sum arriving tomorrowā€¦ ill tell you what i think after the weekendā€¦ #reasontoride =P

1 Like

So if a pack is 8p and you are using an 8a charger, is it effectively like charging each individual cell at 1a? This should be fine for battery life right? Or am i missing something?

Yes you are right!

But you will have to use something else than standard 5.5x2.1mm charging port, they are rated only up to 5amp

Thanks. I have absolutely 0 electronic knowledge except what I have read on this forum so Im glad I am slowly getting it :rofl: