What Does Your User Name Mean?

I didn’t find a post on this. But I got to wondering after the Vegas event, what is the origin of your username? what does it mean? Obviously some are pretty self explanatory. Other’s like @Psychotiller …like WTH? Was he some sort of maniac gardener?

I’ll start. Obviously my name is Michael, Mikenopolis was the name of my city in the SIM CITY games as a kid and it kinda stuck.

My original online names were SAPIPA, that came about when a friend in class asked me repeatedly what SAPIPA was, it turns out she was looking at my ADIDAS backpack upside down. Had to change it to Mikenopolis because people kept calling me Sap which was weird. download

23 Likes

Turn your device 180 degrees, you will find out :wink:

57 Likes

Quick question: Is therea possibility to change the user name? :smiley:

5 Likes

Yeah but you have to contact a mod or something

2 Likes

Well, my first name is Mike and my last name is Maner, so mmaner…yeah, shoulda maybe rethought that :slight_smile:.

14 Likes

@mmaner Would you be able to help? :wink:

1 Like

I’m Brent. On the internet

17 Likes

That’s above my paygrade, ask @treenutter I guess.

2 Likes

Ok thank you :smile:

Sorry for hijacking the thread…

In high school i smoked so much that when i would sweat in PE teachers would think someone was smoking. That combined with me wearing a SKUNK records Hoodie every day… Name stuck . skunk

24 Likes

I drive a Saturn

8 Likes

What kind of help is needed?

2 Likes

I asked if it would be possible to change my username? :smile:

What about you Jaime. What is the story behind treenutter?

4 Likes

In highschool I used to watch alot of anime and was into Ruroni Kenshin so I used a shorter version of his Nick name Hitokiri Batousai. I also played a MMO called Final Fantasy XI for a good 10 years and used Battosaii cause Batousai was taken so it stuck ever since.

5 Likes

Mine is a play on Ender’s Game and rock climbing. When climbing hard routes we “send” them. So when I am successful I am a “Sender”

My game tag is typically “SendersGame,” but Sender for short.

14 Likes

I really liked those books. But then they got a little weird.

6 Likes

This is a cool thread.

I want to know the origin of @psychotiller as well.

8 Likes

LOL, mine was originally going to be Miketropolis (as in Metropolis from Superman) but that was taken by my friend

4 Likes

im gonna take a wild guess and say its a play on words. man works with wood and probably works the sap out, making the tree “nut”…

but hey what do I know, it could be completely random like mine… lol

im envisioning a profession explanation like the Mad Hatter, name soley based on working with hats… or in this case wood…

4 Likes