What is the best 63 mm motor for 12s out there right now?

Just depends on what you need. If you want a commuter, you probably don’t want 6374s. If you don’t ever have to carry it. I’d opt for the bigger motors but the difference won’t be insanely better unless you’re running a huge battery.

I like 12S… most of the final decisions are a few bucks more $10-50. If you decide less but want more later you end up spending more because you still bought the first item.

1 Like

I was in the same spot as I’ve read that 12s was to be avoided due to its risk to the vescs but I wanted something that wouldn’t lack in supplying the power needed in future upgrades to motors so I switched from ordering a 10s to a 12s from @tinniesinker lol

Exactly why I changed my mind on 10s haha

1 Like

It is a commuter but I wouldn’t have to carry it at any point. Most of my commutes are about 5 miles round-trip. I’ve also got a smaller board (kick tail) I’m building that I’d like to get 2 6355 for. I’d like to be able to go on fairly long rides and maintain somewhere in the 30 miles per hour.

1 Like

@Skunk lol… it’s hard choosing… but choose the best one you think you’d prefer. Dual 6355 is capable of 30mph.

2 Likes

I’ll probably be picking up 6355 from you if the direct drives aren’t available in the next few months for my classic kick tail board. I’ve already got the 6374 for the hummie deck.

1 Like

Yeah, still a while out unfortunately…

1 Like

Waiting on @torqueboards direct drives for my hummie deck as well! While I want to be optimistic on the carvon drives, the price and availability is really making it difficult to decide on them sadly

1 Like

Looking at a 10s7p or a 12s6

1 Like

You gonna fit that onto your hummie deck? That would be massive and interested on how you’d make your enclosure!

@torqueboards are you still thinking about doing some motors in raw or something else? Mmmm

1 Like

@Sender Only for 6380s. Shiny Black and Shiny Silver. Separate color options.

4 Likes

Nice!!

10char

1 Like

10s5p and 12s4 fit single stack, plan on going double stack. Enclosure difference will be less than an inch bigger than psychotillers hummie enclosure . I should be fine on clearance with running 107s or six shooters.

1 Like

12s +long cabels can easily kill a vesc But you can fix that with some low ESR cspacitors near your VESC in parallel (to smooth out the ripple created by the switching and cable/connector inductance)

The RC rule of thumb is 10cm cable = 220µf cap (more small caps are better than a singke big one)

3 Likes

Why 12mm belts?

Thank you. These are the kinda things I need to know.

1 Like

Yeah I feel like I gotta double stack my 12s5p as well but unsure of what enclosure to use. I’d hate to get one that doesnt fit flush over the hole. Asking Hummie if he can still do an enclosure that can go with it for a 60cell pack like he mentions on the hummie deck thread but thats gonna be something he can do once the decks actually arrive which is about 3 weeks away according to Hummie

Okay any chance you can point me to where I can read up and look at where I can buy those?

Honestly you lost me at ESR capacitors lol

1 Like

Is there any substantial difference between a 6355 190kv and a 6355 170kv on a 12s2p setup? The latter cost substantially more.

1 Like