What is the best 63 mm motor for 12s out there right now?

also @Skunk

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?952523-too-long-battery-wires-will-kill-ESC-over-time-precautions-solutions-workarounds

The panasonic FR type capacitors are a example for a good low ESR caps, you will find them on ebay, mouser, digikey and any good store for bare electrical parts.

3 Likes

Thanks! I nevertheless realized this could save the vescs. I was hoping to throttle discharge from the bms mostly haha

Mind you that the orientation is important on electrolytic capacitors :smiley:

1 Like

@Narnash hey man, when you say long phase wiring are we talking board length? With a dual and vescs beside them would that really be an issue if you keep your settings reasonable?

Orientation in relation to the vesc you mean? I see a lengthy read ahead of me with the links you sent haha

battery wire lenth is important the phase wires can be longer and don’t need something to smooth ripple

1 Like

That was my understanding but when I read your post i had a little panic lol no my battery wiring will be fine the pack takes up the whole of the enclosure and the vescs sit on top in their own so the wiring can be standard. Never used 12s before so I am a bit nervous about frying things Thanks

@dareno Na, I wanted that you don’t put them in reverse since electrolytic capacitors will likely break kinda violently when you put them in reverse polarity.

But it’s important that you put them in parallel and not in serial to smooth the input.

With very short battery wires and a good quality VESC 12s isn’t likely to cause any issues, but espacially under FOC the inductance of your battery wires (wich get’s higher the longer they are) together with a full charged battery can spike your VESC to death pretty easily. Added caps are a complete must have if you use splitted battery and VESC, I would recommend them for anything with 20cm or longer cabels.