What is The Ultimate Belt Drive Set Up?

Dual jet engines on Super Carver trucks.

Cant beat that.

1 Like

Fuck that ,

Might as well put rocket engines and call it a day. We aim for Stars out here boi.

I have a dual rear belt with 190kv 6355s at 10s and it has more than enough power down low and mid range for me at 16:36 gearing on 90mm popocas. I’ve always wanted a Metroboard dual diagonal build so now I’m compromising anf building my own dual diagonal with a bunch of parts laying around but it’ll be dual diagonal 140kv 5065s at 10s 16:36 on 97mm clones. It should be a competent hill climber for sure.

1 Like

You can if you use the right mounts and they’re real 6374 motors, not Turnigy sk3 “6374” which are actually 5984

1 Like

Not old enough yet to tell. They seem like very high quality motors

1 Like

Will most likely be using Uniks.

1 Like

For certain those won’t work under the deck, maybe out back. Not even sure about that, but probably…

1 Like

Yeah will be going the evolve way.

1 Like

Then you scratch up your motors when you use the tail. You will have a tail, right? Right? ?? LoLz

1 Like

No, using Bamboo GT Deck.

1 Like

Thinking of getting them for the Swappability Aspect of the Anubis. Before I get on that deal , any other motor you would recommend ? Really trust your opinion.

the evolve truck (basically gullwing sidewinders) are literally the worst trucks i know. such a wobbly imprecise mess! they might feel surfy on a foot powered board (even though they make a board too high for reasonable pushing), but they are really not meant to go fast. :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

While I can appreciate the gist of this statement, I use my boards for commuting (they are tools, not toys) and I really don’t want to go over about 28mph anyway, and try to gear them so that’s a top speed and put any extra power into torque/hill-climb. Coincidentally, this is the approximate top speed of those trucks before they start to get unstable if you exceed that. It’s a perfect union of carviness and stability. If you want to go over 30mph, they aren’t for you…

2 Likes

Why not? 10char

1 Like

30mph sounds borderline with these trucks unless you did the same stuff like i did: deadening the dual kingpin with stiffer bushings. i rode my evolve 2 years and i never looked back - 3years later i stepped on a gt and just couldnt understand anymore how one can deliberately choose these trucks :joy:

5 Likes

Two 6384s on my DIY precision truck with adjustable base plates :sunglasses:

1 Like

Funny, I can’t figure out why everyone uses Caliber 2 … I feel exactly the same, about the other ones

2 Likes

yea, dont like calibers either, they feel quite boring. ronins are the bomb, most precise around small lean and still very surfy at high lean! but the stability to wheeltorque is what makes them absolutely unrivaled in single sided motor setups!

1 Like

How do you guys feel in regards to Paris Trucks for Belt Motors?

I will put a vote in for @marcmt88 mounts, on @torqueboards TB218’s (good for large dual setups) The Ronin’s with Ollin mounts is pretty sexy but I don’t like the dual diagonal setups.

2 Likes