What is your experience with abec 11 97mm flywheels?

Just got my Raptor 1 today and first thing I did was swap the wheels. I tried the 97mm and got some serious wheel bite… super scary. I jumped down to the 83mm 75a flywheels and had no issues at all while enjoying the smoother ride of the 75a wheels. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have 97mm abec11 78A and I love them. Super smooth, super grippy and no problem with holes and bad roads anymore. My esc doesnt complain about it, not even accelaration. Breaks even better but due the good quality of the urethane of abec11

1 Like

You sure you got wheel bite? The riser is pretty meaty and I’ve use my 97mm for a while now without issue. Could be the duro too, I think that’s the only diff I have from yours

1 Like

Hi Nate! I didn’t extensively test them but at a glance with my truck setup, there wasn’t enough clearance to run the 97s… I’m just overly cautious about wheel bite. You only need to get bucked off once to do everything in your power to never let it happen again lol :joy:

I did just get another 1/2 inch hard raiser to give me piece of mind when I run the bigger wheels. Thanks for the input. Good to know you’re running the big wheels without any issues.

Cheers!

1 Like

Can you still buy the Raptor 1? How much did you pay for it?

Hey there, you can’t buy a Raptor 1 anymore from Enertion (I don’t think). You can preorder the Raptor 2 or get a used Raptor from someone on this forum. I found someone with a new board they wanted to sell and snatched it up. You’re in the right place on this forum! I’m sure you can find one here with low miles that’s been well cared for.

Hope that helps!

Uploading… threw 1/2" baby blue risers on there to give me that lift I needed to put the 97mm flywheels on. With my trucks setup loose to carve, I was scared to get wheel bite with the big wheels, now that problem is solved! I am enjoying this setup :grin:

1 Like

Hey there, so the raptor comes stock with 2 black risers on each truck. When I went up to 97mm wheels I added an extra 1/2" baby blue raiser to each truck and that gave me more than enough clearance to ride the 97mm flywheels. You probabaly could get away with less than a 1/2" riser but I don’t like to take chances with wheel bite. My raptor now kinda feels like a lifted truck, but still feels extremely stable at 25+ mph. For me, the 97mm lifted setup is awesome! the extra clearance under the board is also a plus. Hope the info helps!

Cheers

1 Like

Does anyone know where to find Abec 11 Flywheels 90mm 75a? I can’t find them anywhere!!

Ahh geez, Thanks for the info. Have any idea why that is?

So for a Raptor setup, the riser total height should be around 7/8" to 1" for 97mm flywheels and no wheel bite?

Also does an Enertion wheel pulley fit the 97mm flywheel?

Yes they will fit. The core of the flywheels don’t change.

2 Likes

I got a cheap drop through for my 97mm flywheels - I LOVE the wheels and the change they have made to the ride … cant even begin to tell how big of a difference they have made… I was looking at some cheap 97mm wheels on ebay for about 1/3 the price and wondering how much of a difference there would be … but I think i need a better drop deck to get more clearance to avoid wheelbite completely even though it is hard to get it to happen right now.

I have original ABEC 11 90mm 75A and 97mm 75A clones from this group by. And the clones work like a charm. Very soft and so far i can not detect any signs that the get worn out. But i am also not a drifter. So i really can recommend them. But of course the originals also work like a charm.

Next group buy will have better quality wheels, from a 70% infill to a 90% which I reckon will be just as good as ABEC 11s

Just got a set of 97mm Flywheels but when I mount the wheel pulley (Enertion wheel pulley) I don’t have enough thread left to screw the wheel nut on (the nut keeping the wheel from siding off the trucks)

I’m using all Enertion gear trucks, motor and wheel pulleys etc. Do I require wider trucks with more thread or am I missing something obvious? Can upload photo’s if it helps.

I have 97mm 78a Abec’s which are super smooth compared to e.g. Enertion Power wheels. It’s like day and night riding. However, I had to include a speed ring between Abec wheel bearing and Enertion pulley bearing. Otherwise the wheel wouldn’t spin anymore …? Must have been some gap between the tow bearings???

@Pato If your truck is made to accommodate Enertion wheels then you should be able to mount the flywheels as well. Are these clone flywheels?

No proper Abec 11 Flywheels. The mounting of the pulley to the wheel is fine, but I believe the pulley sits out a little more on the 97mm wheel then 83mm and I don’t have enough thread for the end nut.

But hopefully I’m just doing something wrong.