What protective gear do you guys use?

I know this may sound crazy but I just dropped $1300 on an armored race suit. Matches my helmet and boards black and red perfectly. Also will use it for downhill, and a sport bike in the future. Would look even more awesome with a carbon fiber tsg pass. And you would feel SAFE lol. I know it’s overkill, even for that 38 mph I hit on my board last time I took it out.

6 Likes

@photorph oh wow, that is hardcore right there, very nice. 38mph is fast hell.

@Rob.Endless technically that’s true, you could disconnect all 4 velcro connections and place the pad on your knee, and then retighten them. In practice, though, I leave them at a standard setting and then jam my foot through to get them on and off.

So there is no sleeve part right, no need to ever have to slide them up through the foot.

@Rob.Endless that’s correct, although it’s a pain to do it that way because it takes a while to re-attach all 4 connections. I slide them up and retighten the two outermost straps. For me to wear full pads on every ride, I need it to be quick!

The elbow pads that go with this set have a sleeve, you have to slide them up

1 Like

I ride all Triple 8

Helmet, Knee Pads, and Elbow Pads.

Helmet has taken a few falls and worked like a charm! Knee and Elbow pads for some reason I havent fallen while wearing them yet…

2 Likes

@oriol360 looks like exoskin? Im looking into those ones exactly

@treenutter i dont mnd the elbow pads having sleeves at all.

heavy gloves, padded backpack, and headphones.

Which heavy gloves are you using?

@Rob.Endless Yup that’s why I added the picture! I love them! I usually ride in shorts but I feel I could wear these under some regular jeans also. I also usually ride with a hoodie and the elbow pads fit great, Very minimal.

http://www.partdeal.com/mechanix-wear-cold-weather-wind-resistant-mechanics-work-gloves-s-xxl-mcw-wr.html

1 Like

Forgot about my lacrosse gear from high school. Now I have just about everything minus some Protec knee pads I’ll be ordering soon since boards should be coming in a few weeks :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh wow, those are thick gloves, im afraid that it will mess with my trigger fingers feel. I might borrow some of mechanic friends gloves and give it a feel

I really like these: https://www.amazon.com/Mechanix-Wear-Tactical-MultiCam-M-Pact/dp/B00LB46F5I/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1466046156&sr=8-10&keywords=mechanix+gloves

2 Likes

Ok, quick question for everyone: How important is wrist guard? From a medical professional point of view, I’d say its important, but is it necessary?

@jeff those look like they just might be the perfect gloves…i looked em up, they have a lot of color options.

@nate i thought about wristguard/gloves but i was worried that it might make it harder to grip the controller.

I picked up a set of these for about $22 on Amazon, and they work just fine. I didn’t want to drop a ton of money on new pads and end up not using them, but these are comfortable, affordable, and kind of have a Spidermannish vibe to them (not sure if that’s good or not). I don’t have a problem wielding my TB mini remote with the wrist guards on, but it does slightly change how you have to grip the unit.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/712YxMKCe7L.SL1500.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016U4R5J8/ref=pd_aw_sbs_468_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51qUku7WO7L&dpSrc=sims&preST=AC_UL100_SR100%2C100&refRID=K4Q6RBSHYGDAN3DDPNH7

1 Like

@Nate the way I see it, you should never make first impact with your arms – specifically your hands… that’s where wrist guards seem to come in to play, they are more for roller derby where I think falling on your hands is more common than doing a full roll due to the skates. If I bail I’m going to make first contact with my knees (knee pads on) and then attempt to throw my arm out to go into a roll, mainly making contact with my elbow pads.

I’m ultimately going to have both dainese trail skin elbow pads (in my post above) and dainese trail skin knee pads, Super stealth like G-forms but they don’t break down as easily (at least thats what reviewers say about the g forms) and they don’t look geeky – can wear them under my work clothes.

Preparing for my GT street arrival; I went with:

187 killer derby knee pads

187 killer derby wrist guards (already broke my wrist once on a mtb). They are pretty slim and low profile

and Bern watts with a removable snowboard liner for winter. Sizing is not perfect with just a little wobble but its brand new and I don’t want to spend more money for another one. I could use my Fox rampage FF but i wanted something more descrete (don’t know how the authorities handle esk8s in Switzerland)

No elbow protection yet

3 Likes

Got these knee pads couple days ago

(Ceramic fox was not included)

2 Likes