What protective gear do you guys use?

So these are just rubber? I worry that they may love around cuz rubber tends to grip tarmac and doesn’t slide.

It is rubbery kind of impact foam so yeah these are not ment for sliding on knees multiple times. I got these for lower speed cruising in the city and for snowboarding, you can wear these under pants with no bulk, really comfy I must say

@Photorph the pads Dainese makes for cyclists work the same. Very light weight and flexible but hardens on impact. Will have those to wear under regular clothes when fall comes around

Dainese soft knee pads don’t look bad at all. So…for soft knee pads that can be worn under clothing, we have Triple 8 Exoskin vs G-Form vs Dainese

2 Likes

My GT is being delivered Tuesday. I just got this helmet delivered last week.

2 Likes

Nice! What model is that?

Kask “Lifestyle” is the model. They have numerous color choices. This is anthracite in matte. Ordered it from TOKYOBIKENYC.COM

1 Like

@oriol360 what size exoskin knee pads do you have. A lot of reviews on Amazon say they run small, is this true?

Yeah I got mine on amazon also and read the reviews. They do run a bit small, but I think they are meant to be tight. I got small elbow pads. and Medium Knee pads. They fit great on me. I’m a pretty small guy 5’5" 140lb. They are tight enough to not slide off after hours of riding but also loose enough to not cut off circulation! If you can go to a skate shop that has them, try them on first. I got them on amazon because of the prime free returns so I could exchange them if they did not fit. Fortunately, they fit on the first order!

Thanks for the fast reply, i am about almost 5’9 155lbs…looks like i might go medium or large. I will look into local skate shops, thanks.

Hi guys,

It might be a stupid question but has anyone considered riding their board with a leash so that it doesn’t go rogue in case you fall off?

I was thinking of something like this

I feel like a pretty heavy board going 20+kph tugging on your leg might be the last thing you want if you’re falling, haven’t had experience with this however. I plan to just stop it with my remote, if this happens.

1 Like

I use both g-form kneepads and elbow pads and i love them, don’t think they’ll slide to great but i dont think any of the mentioned softpads will do that. I’m also using my old TSG half-shell bmx helmet.

I used some cheap wristguards on my first ride, but they do make holding the remote quite awkward but it still works.

As someone who has taken a fall at 25 or so MPH on a Raptor I can say my minimum equipment is: Bern Hardhat (in grey to stay cooler in the heat) with go pro mounts. Kevlar reinforced rip resistant gloves (light weight but will not rip easily, no wrist protection built in). Highly recommended after my wipeout. I will be using my mesh motorcycle jacket with integrated forearm elbow and shoulder pads. You will likely roll and it will likely hurt pretty good. I rolled 2x hard and only slightly damaged my rotator cuff but after 5 weeks it is still not 100% after rest and starting my exercise routine up again. Get a front face guard if you will be riding / commuting on a regular basis real teeth are way to valuable to possibly explain unless you do not have them all. Knee pads are recommended and I know a little inconvenient. I found Backladder work pants that I use for work, actually work really well with the integrated knee pads pockets that are really comfortable and you can simply pop out the pads and put them in a backpack if you want once you get to where you are going. Yes I am a little older than probably many of you and heal slower. But take my advice as someone who still skates regularly because I still can. We will all crash eventually it is just a little more fun getting up going again than getting put on a stretcher and sent out for repairs.

2 Likes

my setup: Helmet - can’t find it on amazon anymore, but a grey Triple Eight Brainsaver Kneepads - 187 pads Face mask- this Gloves - kevlar Body armor - hope this fits Wrist guards - triple eight

1 Like

Finally breaking down and getting some gear after my last wipeout. I’ve already bought lightweight motorcycle gloves (hands got ate up in my fall) Just pulled the trigger on this jacket from Demon United for the days I feel like bombing and some of their smart skin knee and elbow pads for normal cruzing. http://demonsnow.com/store/DS%201650%20Flex%20Force%20Pro%20top%20V2

1 Like

Just a little bump to the thread here.

Looking at pulling the trigger on the Dainese trail knee and elbow pads. From what I’ve read, seems like the elbow pads are a little bigger and I’m thinking of grabbing the M.

I prefer the look of the slim pads. Anyone had experience with them in a wipeout? How did they hold up?

The hard shell knee/elbow pads look like they absorb more of the impact, but the soft shell ones look bigger to cover more of the road rash. Any input appreciated…

the facemask - other than aesthetics, is it as protective as a full face or does it provide some other benefit?

I’ve crashed 3 times with the dianese trail skins. In almost all I walked away with no rash/pain in the covered areas. I did get road rash on my latest crash where I was protected, but that might’ve been because I didn’t have the pad the snuggest it could be. The elbow pads fits very snug imo, same with the knee pads. I don’t have the slip on knee pads though, I have the easy fit ones that are around $100 or so.

Hard shells are better for sliding it out, the dianese pads don’t particularly look the best after an intense crash but they can take multiple impacts.

not much actual protection - it’s plastic. I got it so that wind would be out my eyes and not be tearing up.