What protective gear do you use excluding the helmet?

‘Definitely not’ stalking this thread because atm all I wear is a cheap skate helmet because im cheap.

Well I slid about 40ft lol.

But yea I was looking at possibly switching the upper body to a Leatt 5.5 Body protector. As it is polymer dough padding with hard shells… Ce lvl2 chest back shoulders. And ce1 arms.

Under a fresh kevlar shirt. Although I’d like a little more rear shouler (Teres minor and major and Lat coverage) on my lead shouler

1 Like

Hot damn 40 feet! Yeesh man at least minimal road rash right? At least you’re walking and standing tall for another day!

Motorcyclists were talking about how people said they looked weird with all that safety gear they wear…but their response usually is that it’s a small price to pay for being able to ride another day. They even recommended hip protectors, because of road rash and an impact to the hip can cause damage to the spine.

And I just realized…that rhymed lol.

1 Like

it all depends who I’m riding and sometimes I won’t wear any protection. Knock on wood

1 Like

Dude lol I had hip pads. Spine protector and a pass on…the guys I ride with may think I look funny. But when shit goes bad…well I just buy replacements.

I had 0 road rash. Ruined a kevlar hoodie, bured a hole in the ass of my jeans, ruined the spine protector and a tsg pass. Walked away with a sore shoulder. Yea I tuned ~600 on protective gear…but Pads are always worth it even if you look like your going into battle… Nothing that I can’t just repurchase. Better then the other option…

2 Likes

@Deckoz If ur in the us I’d like to come and get ur helmet from the trash

1 Like

Trash? @Hummie

No it’s gong on the wall of Brad’s life of fuck ups that could have been bad with all the other dumassery I’ve done.

Also never give friends fucked up helmets… that’s bad juju lol

1 Like

i’ll take it just so I can flex on a boosted frat boy in a facebook group (he called me broke :face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

Some helmets have EPP “Expanded Polypropylene” That allows it to have multiple impacts. Most helmets today have liners made of EPS (Expanded Polystyrene), a great shock absorbing material, but it will be permanently compressed when absorbing an impact, Now I’m no Helmet Genius I just head of this thing googled this source for you and copied it.

Maybe your helmet has EPP dunno.

EPS… I can see the indent from my ponytail lol…

4 Likes

Ouch, dude, I feel pain now just read a bit more of the tread looks serious hope you get well soon.

The good thing is it’s just a sore shoulder thanks to the pads. I hate being an example. But all I can say with wear them.

well, what if my board’s top speed is only 40km/h and if I’d ever want to hit It I would be near an adult I know and ware slide gloves and knee pads and elbow pads.

1 Like

Protective gear is a must…better than ending up eating asphalt and in the hospital.

I’m still doing research on what stuff to get…planning on having multiple sets for different riding scenarios.

2 Likes

That’s kinda what I did… But my lower body never changes…my upper body I haven’t found quite the right thing yet… I’ve been through

-EVS Race Back (not enough coverage) -POC VPD Vest (cheap seam stitching) -POC VPD 2.0 Jacket (to hot not really breathable) -EVS Street Vest (still using this for now) -triple 8 elbows (cheap fall.off) -tsg pro elbows( cup moves) -tsg Tahoe elbows(full coverage d30 wear under kevlar)

By the time you put all that on, lunch break is half over. I put on a helmet and go.

1 Like

Plenty of motorcycle gear with integrated and removable pads in key areas. Made with kevlar or another abrasion resistant material too…

Oy…thanks for the info on your experiences.

I’ve been looking at Leatt, Fox, Crave, Ion, Vollebak, Aether, and Knox.

Some jeans, a t shirt and sweater, and a helmet.

2 Likes

Cool story dude.

You’re better then everyone at everything and your ways are better then everyone else’s.

Not everyone uses their board as a commuter, don’t expect that everyone will ride like you do.

2 Likes