What To Do With Skate Deck?

Nah! I’ve got the build bug now, I’m a tinkerer, I gotta tinker, even if I won’t get to use it in the end! lol

1 Like

Oh and your videos…I’ve already stalked you hahahha

lol, they’re there to watch :smiley: :thumbsup:

1 Like

Dude ur chain drive is like music

Err, is that a good thing or a bad thing? lol :confused:

Nah man…it sound smooth and not clattery …well done

Oh I see! Thanks, yeah It’s nice and quiet, the noisiest part is the motor!

Definitely vote you give him a bit of the power - he’ll get it sorted quickly it seems.

Also suggest you move the trucks out onto the kicks - increased wheel base not only for electronics but for longer wheelbase/stability. It will wedge the angle though and be much more “turney” unless you de-wedge w/ angled risers.

I’d give it to him as is and see how he does before you electrify - even moving trucks out before adding motors would be smart, then add power after he gets the hang of pushing it?

1 Like

He does already have this deck which is essentially the same but with 70mm wheels… but putting the trucks on the kicks, even with angled risers would make for a much different ride, it might be worth doing that and letting him get used to riding that before electrifying it, you may be right there…

2 Likes

Yeah, if you add 83mm wheels you’ll be raising the deck quite a bit too - it’ll be considerably different feel, so probably best to play with it before adding power.

You could try standing on it with one leg and then pushing on the floor with the other. As you’ll see, it will create momentum and you will actually start moving. After that you could try some basic riding and perhaps even tricks, I’ve heard people do that as well on their skateboards :grin:

/sorry for the sarcasm :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I had contemplated setting it up like this, but I just tried it, non-powered and the wheel bite is a killer! I could grind out some arches for it but then it’s very ~spritely~ like this with big wheels and short wheel base, so I’ve decided to move them to the kick tails. I have angled risers for it…

2 Likes

I had a metroboard shortboard that I ended up modifying to the point that it went ~27 mph on a standard wheelbase. I guess if you’re used to longboards it might feel weird, but I’ve been bombing hills on a shortboard with 54mm wheels my whole life and have no issue with going 30+ on a setup like that. To each their own I guess…

Yeah much more used to longboards… I literally fell off this backwards twice in the house on smooth wood floors…! Lol

I made a travel board out of an old skateboard. http://anorakww.weebly.com/travel-board.html

That’s cool, but is it powered?

Well you could power it. The description on the page offers an explanation as to why I didn’t. (Hint: F*CK YOU UNITED AIRLINES)

Ah I see… lol :smile:

1 Like

I Just made my normal skateboard into a esk8. Its got 90mm wheels on normal skateboard trucks that I modified so a motor mount could be fit. And I got 2 3s lipos and a focbox running the setup. So it looks like a normal skateboard but it goes allot faster haha.