What's a decent vesc?

i want to use it but dont want to use their button. the button is probably a good deal but rather find something smaller. and if we keep the gb without it i think more would be interested. if you find a nice switch post it up! so will any switch work with this?

1 Like

I would imagine the pin out is something like this:

1: Control 2: Ground 3: LED

Connect 1 and 2 with the switch and 3 powers the LED in the switch.

but what about connecting this esc to switches generally and not the one they offer?
does the switch have to have a rated voltage or amperage? and not a “momentary switch” right?

It’s likely a latching push button, I would imagine the voltage and current rating is fairly low and probably has a 12V or 5V LED. This is just conjecture, an educated guess and I won’t know for sure until I get one in my hands. I ordered two on Monday and they still haven’t shipped.

It could be wired to a toggle style switch. It would have to be single pole double throw. And most you have to externally power the led. As for the flipsky the switch is optional. If it’s not plugged in it doesn’t engage. So you could use a switch before the esc. Or you can wire both into one switch. It’s the same for the new Maytech 100a

im confused by what youre saying. how about using this switch on the 6.6, cant it use its own power to run the led? would this work on the 6.6 integrated with its antispark switch?

For that switch above, yes it will work. I thought you meant a typical toggle. That’s something else (real cool)

1 Like

I’m going to try some. image

2 Likes

:joy: I see now.

does this capacitor switch constantly use current even if the led is disconnected?

It’s THE @BarbaraZ from flipsky! nice to see you here!

1 Like

Not for the push button, I don’t know about the toggle pad.

im wondering about the toggle pad, if it needs to use current when in the off state to have the pad working.

Yes it does. It constantly monitors the charge on the pad to know when to toggle the output, the state does not matter. It uses fairly low power, 124 microamps on a 5V supply. But you will have to supply an always on 5V for it to work.

bummer. is the bec power supply on the 6.6 always on?

i dont think i’ll be doing it with this cap switch then.

The FSESC is 100% off when the anti-spark is off. You’d need an external BEC connected directly to the battery. Would be cool though!