Wheel pulleys for 107mm Flywheels

Let me know when you get them in and I’ll let you know what dimensions I’ll need to adapt the pulley for the 107

will do that, should be arriving tomorrow.

1 Like

Hey @JuniorPotato93 - sure i can try to help with that. I have no issue taking the pictures and posting them.

What i don’t see how to measure is the inside taper of the wheel. The depth to the front of the bearings seating edge is 27mm deep - but the narrower top opening vs 76/83/97mm flywheels means an inside profile that is “steeper” if that’s a good description.

The depth is 27mm - the top inside lip of the wheel i believe is 61mm ( i did a quick measurement - i’ll confirm) - how that tapers inside seems tough to determine just from these measurements. I could do individual measurements in 1mm increments from the lip of the wheel to the inside bearing lip… that should give you a plot of the profile, but would be about 20-30 measurements i’d guess. Alternatively i could try some sort of putty - put inside and remove, then picture the profile?

What are the groups thoughts on this? best/easiest way to get this?

At the end of the day i’d like to see if we can we get a 3d printable stl “spacer” to use w/ DIYes gear(or similar flat bottom gears from elsewhere)? Maybe in addition to full printed 9/12/15mm gears around 40-44t?

1 Like

I’m at work atm so I’ll come back with a list of a few dimensions that should be enough to get us moving forward with 107 specific pulleys.

Super cool man - appreciate your willingness to help with this! Where are you at and how do i buy you a beer!?

Lol Mississauga Canada and you don’t :stuck_out_tongue: Just enjoy them is all I ask

This is awesome, thanks!

Trying to move this forward in separate @JuniorPotato93 thread, anyone able to provide precise measurements for 107mm? See: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/abec-11-flywheels-clones-34-36-38-40-42-44-48-50-tooth-pulley-stl-files-for-9mm-12mm-and-15mm-belts/7642/75?u=caustin

Are you guys aware of any 44 or 46 tooth metal or aluminum pulleys that would fit those 107mils?

i have a used set of 44s that somebody sent me. They’re white and have a chip in the flange. they’re sintered nylon though, not aluminum.

You want them?

I PMed you, sir :slight_smile:

If @paulus_germanus doesn’t take both I will take the other. @longhairedboy

I did take em both, but I’ll give them a try and if I find them not what I’m looking for, I’ll make sure to send them straight to you, @flywithgriff !! :slight_smile:

Sounds like a plan!

I have a pair of gearing / wheel pulleys that now work with the 107mm electric flywheels!

Unsupervised w/ the GF out of town… some spare time and the entire table to explode onto… (and a few yummy Stone IPA’s)

I think i’ve figured out two setups that will work with the e-flywheel!

1. @Torqueboards / DIYes 12mm 40t flywheel gears
  2. @Titoxd10001 40t 15mm flywheel gears

DIYes used M6-1.00 x 50mm bolts @Titoxd10001 used M5-0.80 x 50mm

I was able to loosely screw them into the gear through the wheel, then measure depth/spacing from the face of the large washer i didn’t use - i measured about 20mm difference.

Ordered the M6-1.00 x 70mm stainless from Amazon (here are 10 for $8 prime).

DIYes 12mm 40t setup - Re-using the regular washer - the M6 x 70 fits perfectly flush and secure!

Haven’t received the M5 bolts yet to try with Tito’s 15mm wide 40t gears yet, but expect them to work about perfect as well!

I’ll x-post in the new 218mm clone truck from DIYes, but just test fitted dual 6374 motors w/ 12mm DIYes gears on 218 DIYes caliber II clones:

(note i swapped legit Caliber II baseplates onto longer 218mm hangers)

Suh-weet! Now i need a second pair of the e-fly’s!

HTH - GL!

9 Likes

Hey dude, that looks sick as! Just wondering what the advantage of real caliber baseplates is?

Thanks!

None really, except smaller size. I had a set of trucks on a GBomb bracket (deep drop 35mm iirc) and had to grind to fit.

Thinking/planning to run these on another similar setup i wanted the smaller footprint instead of grinding on the front of the cup again.

So did anyone find hdt5 aluminum 44T pulleys for the 107mm?

yes sir https://buildkitboards.com/collections/pulleys/products/36t-flywheel-pulley you would have to print the spacer in order to adapt them to electric flywheels.

1 Like

I believe you don’t need a spacer with the new flywheel since the core as been offset to fit on electric skateboard more easily