Wheel pulleys for 107mm Flywheels

Is it too early to start asking for the status of my vesc 6 and 107 flywheels order??? Hahahahaha

Didn’t you know… @chaka has a mystical crystal ball… He knows what’s up lol

I used Torqueboards standard 36t wheel pulley. For my new set-up, the 40t wheel pulley I sourced from ebay. The pulley comes with a center bore that has to be enlarged. The mounting holes have to be drilled and tapped on the pulley. I had gotten 2 pulleys done at a machine shop for $75. Doesn’t look like you can do a dual rear configuration. Just not enough room.

180mm trucks?

If there is a bulk order count me in for 4 also

@cdn - glad you chimed in. I remembered you had these setup w/ custom spacers, but couldn’t remember your username here.

Do you mind measuring the spacer you had made? This was what i was thinking i’d see if i can get 3d printed in ABS or something strong/light vs metal like yours. Shouldn’t need to take a ton of load, just space the gear out to clear the deeper wheel.

What length and type bolts are you using - extra long m4’s?

@Chaka - would love to see an aluminum option for these beasts! maybe 42/44t? I have a set of the new 40t DIYes ordered and intend to try them for these, or my 97’s if i can’t figure out how to fit to the e-fly 107’s.

Ditto, if someone organizes a group buy around 107mm Abec wheel hubs that work for them, count me in for 4!

i’m in for at least two (dual diagonal); maybe 4.

The spacer I had made up measure 12mm thick. With this thickness, there’s only about 1mm between the belt and wheel when mounted. I think a 13mm or 14mm thick spacer would be idea. For my next build, I think I’m going to make my own spacer. I’ve made my own spacer out of 1/8 aluminum when having to mount abec 97’s using Torqueboard wheel pulley. I’ll just have to make say 4 of these to get a 13mm spacer needed. I took a measurement on how far the V3 TB mounts sit on the truck. It measures 61mm (Sorry about the bad pix).

1 Like

Thanks @cdn! What’s the outside diameter of the spacer you had made? I’m a bit surprised it doesn’t have any taper or shape to fit into the wheel… Must just be a straight spacer. Simpler actually than i thought.

What length and type bolts?

Thanks man!

I knew I forgot something. The bolts are M6 X 65mm. The diameter of the spacer is identical to TB’s wheel retainer. All my measurements were taken from the retainer except the thickness. When the bolts are tightened down, the end of the bolt is flush with the wheel pulley surface. If a 13 or 14 mm spacer is made, the bolt length may need to be increased to 70mm.

1 Like

Perhaps blasphemy lol, but I am looking at this separate esk8 thread on 3D printing 44T ABEC wheel pulleys for larger efly wheels. Would a 3D printed spacer of 12-14mm work in that case for 107mm wheels? Or in this case with TB 36T wheel pulley, as I do not have access to machined parts here so easily. Any thought much appreciated as I really need to figure out this 107mm build. Thanks!!

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/abec-11-flywheels-clones-34-36-38-40-42-44-tooth-pulley-stl-files-for-9mm-12mm-and-15mm-belts/7642

1 Like

If you want to give it a try I have 2- 40T 15mm 3D printed pulleys that fit ABEC 97mm wheels perfectly. Maybe it will fit the 107mm

No it want, the wheels are larger and theres more distance to their core

That can be change in the 3D file

But it’s another pulley then :stuck_out_tongue:

HEY! can you see how they fit. My understanding is the core in the 107 is offset something like 12 mm towards the center of the wheel so it more than likely wont fit well if at all. That being said, if someone can get me pics of the wheel, and the relative dimensions to adjust the model, I can go ahead and whip those up in the next few days.

Thanks @JuniorPotato93 Hoping someone on this thread more capable than I can provide the precise measurements you need to create a 107mm wheel pulley that works. I can take pictures but don’t even have a pair of calipers lol!!

Haha okay. Well, offer stands to anyone that can help out. @sl33py I’m looking at you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve got calipers arriving from Amazon shortly. Will take measurements for you.

1 Like