Who else has a CR-10? + I can print for ya'll now

Mine just came in today and I have to say, it is much bigger and better than the old anet a8 I used to own.

I’ll be willing to print stuff for you for free (pay for shipping though) if it’s not too big.

2 Likes

How is it I was deciding between this and the Tevo little monster I am very upset I got the Tevo…

2 Likes

I need a 3d printer. A nice but not over priced one

1 Like

i’ll take that A8 off your hands :wink:

Sorry bro too slow. Sold it to my friend 6 months ago before I moved out of Singapore

1 Like

Never had a Tevo before, nor have I every tried using a delta printer. So far the CR-10 has been the most bulletproof printer I’ve ever used (I’ve used a shit load), zero adhesion problems on glass if I use a glue stick and prints beautifully straight out of the box. This might be subject to change though as I spend more time with it.

1 Like

Do not ever buy a Tevo this thing is giving me nightmares. Every 3 prints it will just shoot the filament out the extruder while crashing into the bed for no reason.

Keep an eye on this: https://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_627175.html?wid=44 The price is really volatile. I copped mine when it hit $329.

If you don’t mind tinkering and tuning with a printer, I’d recommend the Anet A8. Requires quite a lot of maintenance but it prints so so beautiful when you build it right. https://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_343643.html?wid=21

1 Like

Are you using the latest version of Cura?

1 Like

I also have a CR-10 (CR-10S) if you want to print Polycarbonate you definitely need to enclose it. My polycarbonate prints warped even with good adhesion since there was a lot of air circulation. Also might want to upgrade the hotend if you want to print at higher temps or larger volume items but I managed to print with a 1.0mm nozzle with PLA fine.

I have one of these, this one has given me plenty of pain as well. I can usually print stuff but leveling bed every time is so repetitive that I die a little inside. Plus bigger prints always fuck up due to bed adhesion. As stock it can pretty much only print PLA, anything else requires some upgrades. Also used to sound a like a vacuum until I change the fans and added the motor vibration dampeners. Its a good printer for price but man 3d printing has its headaches.

1 Like

this your first michigan winter?

1 Like

I have the CR10s (it’s the CR10 but with dual z axis) and it’s pretty reliable. Before that I used the Anet A8. Printing PLA and flexible filament (TPU) on the CR10 is super easy but ABS is not easy… I can barely reach 90 °C on heatbed, I haven’t tried a enclosure yet. For ABS the Tevo Tornado should be better I guess as it heats way faster and better but I wouldn’t leave it printing alone overnight. I recommend the Anet A8 for complete beginners who like to tweak stuff. The Anet A8 really needs a lot of maintenance and can be a pain in the ass (I had several clogging issues). If you don’t want to have stress go with the CR10, personally I had no issues yet (using it two times per week for a few months already). Btw when I first tried Cura the print quality was quite bad. After chaning to simplify3D it was way better.

1 Like

I had actually adhesion problems at the beginning. Then I used a glue stick and it worked. Later I discovered when I clean the surface with water/tissue the adhesion works without glue stick. Maybe some hydrophilic interactions?? I don’t know but it really works every time. If I use isopropanol it doesn’t work. Maybe you want to try that :slight_smile:

1 Like

How’s PETG? Need an enclosure?

1 Like

actually used to live here 7 years ago. But man it is cold here

yea bro :rofl:

it’s a sunny 77 down here in mexico tho :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m gonna be honest, 60% of the reason why I got a pass was so that the freezing wind won’t give my nostrils frostbite

yes of course

I’m having problems with the Bowden tube right now. The end of the tube was a little bit chamfered from damage which I have no idea how. Gonna try replace the tube tomorrow morning