Why is my board so loud? The vibrations are making it un-rideable

could the enclosure being mostly hollow amplify the sound of the vibration? maybe put foam to dampen the sound. like for car audio using dynamat stops vibration from flimsy panels.

at least you know where the noise is from! Inspect the enclosures and make sure there is no crack! The wires may also be flapping around, especially with those XTs on them

Good point right there!

It’s probably those xt60 connectors hitting the enclosure tape those down and try again.

I don’t think it’s the enclosures as i have the same annoying vibrating sound on bkb motors.

But listen to the video where I took the enclosures off… vibration gone.

1 Like

For everyone saying it’s the internal wires… it’s not.

image image

i have a friend who has bkb motors on his board and has simular vibrations so i assumed it was the motors it could be something else though.

Grecoooo come to

Since you already have healthy foam padding on the enclosure lip, getting softer wheels would help. My board gets louder with harder wheels as well.

They are 77a blue cags. That’s already pretty soft, right?

Hm perhaps, I’ve never really used otangs. I do know that there’s a huge difference between ABEC 78a and 75a. On paper it seems so minor, but it rides a lot smoother on 75

1 Like

Try putting thin foam between battery and deck and battery and enclosure, if you haven’t already or your battery isn’t fully secured from moving.

It may be your power button and/or your charge port. Check to see if they are rattling

Didn’t read your previous stuff but it seems you are convinced its your enclosures… can’t be sure what solution you’ll need in that case but as others have said any piece of plastic/enclosure that is made of hard plastic, and even some stiffer rubbers, will reverb and make noises similar to what you are experiencing.

I had similar noises with my first build which have lipo packs; it came down to the batteries vibrating against the enclosure and areas of the enclosure without anything between them and the deck. stuff some foam as others have said between the battery and the enclosure, and between the battery and the deck. Do the same for the focbox and any other components that has the likelihood of touching the deck and/or the enclosure (which should be everything).

When you bolt on the enclosure you should be ever so slightly compressing the components in foam or weather stripping. Not so much that it is hard to install and stresses the components, but enough so that there is no room for them to move.