Winter is here! What's your record?

Yes, Winter has hit the Northern half of the US and it is again time to bear the brunt of mother nature. Today was out on board at 6 F / -14.4 C. Damn it is cold only lasted a couple of miles was pretty well protected and thankful I had my wheels with bike tire studs installed in 9" pneumatic tyres.

What is the your record low temperature ride? (For the guys in SoCal 50F is not cold)

14 Likes

That made me laugh :slight_smile:

11 Likes

My record lowest temp ride was in a t shirt and I didnā€™t get nip rise.

I donā€™t do cold. I think my lowest was around 25 F, with a windchill at around 17-19ā€¦ Never again. I will just wait for a day that I donā€™t have to turn my outtie to an innie.

4 Likes

My record ride isnā€™t too impressive it was in Orlando with LHB Jan of this year it was about 34F in the morning.

If I hear this iā€˜m happy that our first snow gone again :sweat_smile: Last year it was -29degrees but I didnā€™t have had a board. Letā€™s see how it will be this year

1 Like

I think about 55F is the coldest Iā€™ve ridden inā€¦ :smiley: Norcal!

I like to tie a rope to my golf cart in the winter and pull through the snow on a board (with no electronics). Iā€™m gonna say around 15 degrees. Itā€™s nice to hit some Tokyo drifts when thereā€™s only an inch or 2 on the road.

damn i was gonna say like 60f coldest ride and it made my eyes water.

2 Likes

-20Āŗ celsius wearing only boxers on a snowboard. I was hella drunk. It was so damn fun :grin:

5 Likes

image Iā€™ve had this bad boy out at about -26C with a nasty windchill. After that itā€™s just too damn cold. Snowskate FTW for me from now till March.

4 Likes

You crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:!!!

1 Like

it was sooooo cold in the late afternoon yesterday, I had to throw on a jacketā€¦that got too warm so I rolled up the sleeves and got a Frappuccino at Starbucks

3 Likes

@Mikenopolis Did you wear the long or short skirt?

4 Likes

I took my esk8 to Tahoe and pulled my cousins on sleds throughout the streets. I believe it was about 10 f

This is how Californians dress when it gets ā€œcoldā€ image

9 Likes

This is Minneapolis, MNā€¦

7 Likes

And for the fashion minded gents:

image.

@Mikenopolis To bad I didnā€™t have you for Secret Santa as you would have received your very ownā€¦

7 Likes

Also these come with high marks for the larger manā€¦who desire that extra layer of protection. I think they come in XL onlyā€¦Sorry @Mikenopolis as they probably will be to big :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Hmmmā€¦ good investiment so that atleast my outtie, will stay an outtie. And then later put on a show for the wife!