Winter is here! What's your record?

@mmaner If you would like to give these a try I could send you a bag of 90 or so…I really did not like as well as the MTB stud as they stick out of the tire as they are screwed into the tread. They would probably be great for the snow machine as you would get some serious grip…They also have the tungsten core, just lose a bit of ride quality and I found them much harder to install vs. the MTB stud. I would think a great addition to tubeless tires.

https://www.amazon.com/Marrkey-Carbide-Bicycle-Scooters-Running/dp/B0788LRX2R/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1542156512&sr=8-2&keywords=marrkey

![image|375x500]

These are the MTB studs… image Kevin

2 Likes

tell me about it :open_mouth:

people laugh at me when I use a hoodie and my ushanka… but I need warmth :cry::laughing:

The tuneless tires contract and become loose and start spinning in the hub. I wonder 8f they would work on 6 shooter tires? @psychotiller, what do you think?

I want this to be a thing we can use. I have significant doubts

@mmaner I have a 6 shooter tire I can give it a try…that @psychotiller sent me… Let me do a test and see penetration.

1 Like

There is a 6shooter tire that was sacrificed for science in ‘tiller laboratory. The crossection looked thicker than the MBS roadie but not nearly as thick as the nubs on an MBS t2 (which I have for when it snows in SD)

@mmaner here is the stud in a six shooter it sticks out a little but I do not think it will come out…at this depth it has not penetrated inner wall.

if you bottom out the stud it will penitrate the inner wall

You will need to at a anti puncture strip or tape or 3d printed sleeve to protect the tube

What’s your thoughts?

I could install MTB studs as they require only 4mm wall and the six shooter is about 6mm by the way the durameter of the rubber on the six shooter is real stiff had to heat up a little with hot air gun before insertion of the screw stud.

Kevin

I’ll give it a try if you wanna send me some, it might work :grinning:.

I have some extra tires I can try.

@mmaner … Mike PM me an address and I will send you a kit of parts appox. 90 studs and an insertion bit. These will provide some real grip…just figure out insertion depth and if you go flush…tube protection layer maybe a sleeve of plastic I am sure you can design on you 3d printer. All we ask is to provide a thread of your work and experience…also as stated above heating the six shooter rubber helps quite a bit with insertion.

Kevin

1 Like

Cool, I’ll do it now. Good looking out.

1 Like

Runnn, doggy, runnnnnn!!!

5 Likes

i love Sydney Australia. they call it cold here when it hits 18 degrees Celsius. “hot” last year however was 51 degrees c. some crazy shit

1 Like

I did -6 C last year (no idea that ends up with wind chill at 10-15mph)

only managed about 10 miles - started to get risky with ice build up on back foot I couldnt feel it even with my heated socks :slight_smile:

@Lionpuncher I was close to fitting the ski from my snowdeck like that onto the bottom of my bajaboard so I could handle a little more depth lol

… I can’t wait for snow this year :smile:

2 Likes

@Lionpuncher yess … I just picked up my newest gen of landyatchz snosk8 IMG_20181114_085457 we need to design a track set up like a mini snowmobile or a skate truck with wheels like these track kits for utv or side by side for the rear truck ski up front or all 4wd withUTV-4S1 tracks

3 Likes

How long is that sub?

@Lionpuncher The deck is 35 inch symmetrical twin. It feels like a trick skate but two inch longer and the ski is 39 inch with lots of flex and lots of truck and deck mounting holes the bear trucks also work with Skatboard decks as I might try some different decks this year on it as my friend has now got a shit pile of different ski collection for snosk8 over the years as ppl send to him to try

1 Like

Noice! Don’t want to get too far off topic here… :sweat_smile: I have 2. That LibTech and a Circuit (made in Nelson BC). Both subs are under 43" Want to get some better trucks for the Lib this year. Next year I want a giant sub to custom build a mountain pow snowsk8. Love the idea of throwing a track on it, not sure how worth it would be; also thought a thunderstick would be rad. Lots of crazy electric ideas running through my head.

1 Like

Something like this?:

image :grin:

7 Likes

I guess mine was 4 celsius, in like 4am with 50kmh wind from the north (straight from a hill full of snow) my balls almost fell of

Exactly that would be fun on groomed sled trails I was also thinking even with a lil set of fat asss skis on the front to keep it floating in the pow