Worldwide VESC directory

U seem to point out valuable info here… Should be included in the list about the general info about all esc’s / vesc’s suitable for esk8 purposes… I saw that topic brought up not long ago

2 Version of Vescs available: Maytech and ?

1 Like

Pretty sure those are both Maytech VESCs

would be strange…the cheaper one doesn´t look like a production line from maytech…

The early Maytech VESCs had those stickers on the DRV if I remember correctly. Probably why he only has two left and the Price is cheaper - wants to replace them with the “newer” version. I could be wrong though - maybe write him an email and ask to be sure.

Edit: It is a Flier VESC https://de.aliexpress.com/store/product/Flier-12s-50A-VESC-for-rc-skateboard/513485_32693368780.html look at the capacitor board

alright so there we go :slight_smile: Eskating.eu - Maytech and Flier Vescs

Hey @esk8,

I see your VESC is sold out - can you tell us when the new esk8 controller will be available (and how much it will be)?

Hello @Maxid, New ESK8 Controller was producing this Week. We must waiting 6 Week of one part the TDK 100V 15my. But we became it Monday and the production was in process. So that i hope thats i can take it next week in our shop. At the weekend i want make a own trade for the ESK8 controller, with pictures and a list what al we have make another. But the ESK8 controller based on 4.12 and we have use al the improvement from Chacka´s direct vesc. We have more parts on the esk8C with higher quality. After we have calculated the price im not sure thats the ESK8C was the good choice, the cost was exploding but we Try to keep the price under 200.-€ for the first 100. The housing is finished and has the dimensions 68x72x20mm

8 Likes

maybe it would be great to know which ones can run in FOC mode without burning the DRV

there is currently no Vesc on the market which runs 100% stable with FOC. There are only a few with upgraded components, that are able to keep up better with FOC. But still, they only have a higher chance to survive, while others burn out faster.

If you guys want me to update the post above feel free to send me a PM

1 Like

Hi! I ordered a standard vesc from vesc.co.uk June 15:th, but I haven’t received it yet. I live in Sweden so the said shipping times should be accurate and when I try to contact the seller I don’t get an answer. Has anyone else experienced this?

The VESC SIX is stable in FOC. So there is one out.

Frank

1 Like

It is also in BETA so does not count :wink: Once you finally publish everything and make this available for all of us we will see if FOC is indeed stable. (I know it probably will be but I find it hard to talk about how awesome something is when you are constantly reminded that it is still in testing)

2 Likes

ZERO DRVs fried in the past 10 months, ZERO VESC SIX killed in BETA, using FOC on 12S.

This is all that has happen so far:

"So far I have repaired three VESC6 that have failed for various reasons. Here is what went wrong and how to prevent similar failures. I will update this thread if I repair more VESCs that have failed for different reasons.

Dead MCU

I got two VESCs where the STM32F4 had died. The reason was that the ADC inputs for an analog throttle have been connected in parallel. When VESCs are connected to the same battery there will be a voltage differential between them under load due do inductance and resistance in the cables. This voltage differential can reach quite high values and the MCU pins are very sensitive to that. Negative one volt is sure to kill the input and short the whole MCU. The PPM input is slightly less sensitive to this than the other pins as it has a low-pass filter, but it still is a bad idea (the VESC4 had a slower PPM filter and was slightly less sensitive). The CAN-bus can handle around ±60V difference, which is why it should be used on a multi-VESC setup. The CAN-bus also provides other advantages such as cruise control with several motors and traction control.

Solution: Always use the CAN bus to connect VESCs in parallel and set up the apps accordingly. Never connect the other inputs in parallel in VESCs that are connected to the same battery.

Dead voltage regulator

One of the VESCs that I repaired had a dead 3.3v regulator. One way to kill the regulator is to feed it backwards with a 3.3v source, which has happened to me a few times when connecting a programmer.

Solution: Never feed the 3.3v net with voltage, only current draw is allowed. If you, for example, have a stlink v2 from ebay that outputs 3.3v on a pin then don’t connect that pin - power the VESC from the input while the programmer is connected." Edited by: benjamin on 2017-07-07 11:17

TLDR: No dead SIX so far, other than destroyed by users doing thing you should not do (Y-splitter on -ADC, ST-Link 3.3V).

VESC-Tool will go live mid of August. Actual batch is not BETA any more.

Frank

Please update directory, Phoenix Vesc (vesc.co.uk) is a SCAM.

I ordered from this website following directory of this post, but it was a big mistake, it’s not a UK company, it’s Lithuanian, and they never shipped product …

Sadly I’m unable to update the original post any more. The edit button simply isn’t available. If someone can suggest a moderator to message, then I will ask them to enable editing for me.

@moderators

Anyone having experiences with Faradaymotion Vesc? Why are they cheaper than some other vendors in Europe?