Worldwide VESC directory

@rok Yes I have a lot of experience with faradaymotions products. Vesc is awesome .been running foc for a year with their old 4.10 hw. Never hadd an issue. A Month ago I bought another one from them. All good

They are working directly with benjamin veddar btw.

Thanks for that reply dude! I just shortened the maytech vesc this afternoon and i am looking for a new vesc now.

1 Like

Another one to add to the list?

https://esk8hubs.com/products/vesc-motor-controller?variant=37527789708

Iā€™m new to the eSk8 game and built my first board recently but I can share the experience Iā€™ve had so far. For my background I was a Master Audi technician and after almost 7 years I moved on to be a Tesla technician where Iā€™ve been for coming up on five years. That absolutely doesnā€™t mean I know everything about VESCs or the BLDC tool. I ordered most of my parts from (VESCs, CAN connection, sensor wires, motors, receiver w/controller, and pulley kits). The parts were shipped out to me quickly and seemed like quality parts when I received them. When it came time for me to set them up I asked for help on the Live Chat they have on their website as I didnā€™t receive any documentation with the parts. The guys on there seem nice enough and sent me an email with the recommended VESC settings for BLDC mode. I got that all set up but wanted to use the sensor wires I had ordered for smoother start up torque. The primary VESC would read the sensors but the secondary VESC would fail. I inquired about this on the chat and the person I was working with said I could only run sensored mode using FOC mode. I asked for recommended settings for FOC mode and he sent me a tutorial. After attempting to set up FOC mode and still having the secondary VESC not read the sensors I decided to run it sensorless in BLDC mode so I could ride my new build. When I re-configured it I found that both motors would no longer spin. I got back on the chat and the person I was working with told me then that only a few customers had been able to set up FOC mode successfully. I asked him if otherwise it fries the VESCs and he said ā€œyesā€. I was super bummed out that my brand new VESCs now needed to be replaced so he sent me an email to create a ticket to review my build. I started that ticket on 3/19 and have had 3-4 responses only when I get on chat to ask for a response. Iā€™m still trying to work with them to get this issue resolved but it almost seems as if they are ignoring me at this point. So moral of this story so far is if you want fast shipping and what seem to be decent quality parts and you already know how to set up your VESCs by all means order your parts from them. In my case Iā€™m really not sure if Iā€™ve had worse customer service at this point with any other company, unless they can somehow make things right I will not be buying parts from them again. The last response I got on my ticket was a week ago and the person I was working with said he would be waiting on my response. I have since hit them up on chat almost every day asking for a response and they tell me they will but I have yet to see it.

Hi Aaron, welcome to the forum! A bit of a humble start. ItĀ“s not necessary to setup foc to run sensors, it should normally work fine in bldc. If you have all your parts from @torqueboards, iĀ“m sure heĀ“s able to check on your ticket and lead you in the right direction :call_me_hand:

add this to the list: https://hobbyking.com/nl_nl/turnigy-sk8-esc-v4-12-for-electric-skateboard-conversion-w-bec.html

1 Like

Anyone know if flipsky fsvescs are good? They seem to be surprisingly cheap

Their main goal is ā€œcheapā€ so I wouldnā€™t count on it.

Maybe they are, but maybe also they push good stuff to market then skimp on the quality control once theyā€™re established, like so many china companies. I personally wouldnā€™t trust them but some folks here have tried the early versions. Search and there are threads on them.

1 Like

I have been searching through the threads about them and it seems like there isnā€™t many complaints or even very many threads in general mentioning them. Iā€™ll look further though

The thing is with most china companies like that, they do actually ship high-quality stuff at first. You just never know when they will switch to shipping garbage

If the vesc breaks, can it ruin other parts of the setup? I may risk it

dis is outdated as frig

3 Likes