Would you buy a cheap VESC from Denmark?

I actually dont know this, I can try to check it later, but I think we can buy a couple for each

But more capacitors means more amps at peak use

Showing interest for the vesc from the UK :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is everyone okay with blue PCBs ? :slight_smile: and 1oz copper… I can add solid copper wire over the traces for the fets if you fear the current will be to high using 1oz

Any plans with ned ned VESC-X???

Please fill me in Vesc-X ?

just search it here on the forum :smiley: enertions new vesc

1 Like

I have ordered the original version, didnt have the time to import the vesc and remake it in altium… there arn’t any gerber files for vesc-x, so would have to make it from scratch (my normal job… but sparetime is the issue atm. :frowning: )

No problem, an improved vesc would have been cool but we don’t even know when it will be released to the masses. Maybe next time, when this sandstorm about cc license and open sourceness will end and altium files will be given

2 Likes

It would have been awesome. And I assure you, if I didnt have a busy schedule lately I would have redone the PCB myself, no problem at all, takes a good afternoon maybe… But It takes time to readup on the different heat-up issues, and create a correct layout for correct heat dissipation :slight_smile: (lately I created a DC brushed motor controller, controlling 7 motors ranging between 300-50Watts each, full dual H-bridge for each… It actually dosnt get over 60degress C, that often :stuck_out_tongue: ) But I should maybe be helping people in hear, pushing out new PCB designs ever so often… but benjamin does a good job all ready :slight_smile:

Take a read on this blog, his awesome ! I think he have infinite sparetime :stuck_out_tongue: http://raphaelchang.com/projects/brushless-esc/

1 Like

Have you found the source for the bullet connectors? Otherwise I can recommend http://www.hobbyking.com

Ordered these ones: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142063853358?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

My plan is to ship with 3 pairs, then its “just” a matter of soldering on end

How many vescs are you making

First run is “only” 10, but if it goes well, I could make more I think :slight_smile:

How long until it’s made

also take a look at the upgraded version with improved components like chaka is using!

Could you link to a list of the components which should be changed ? I have only the list from vedders Github

There is no official list - you should write @chaka a PM and ask for it.

2 Likes

yep just write him. there are some components which are very usefull to upgrade to get a more reliable vesc. If you could get this upgraded version and post a pic of a nice soldered one, I would be interested in a few :slight_smile:

I have sent him a PM now :slight_smile: About the soldering … I have soldered SMD by hand for the last 11 years now, as I work in a small electronic consultant firm :slight_smile: so dont worry, it will be as good as the machines would do it (almost, not a robot… :wink: ) Will post pictures when ready :slight_smile:

1 Like

As of now I have ordered the bare PCB’s, components will be ordered when the PCBs ship… Will most properly be ready in the mid of next month, maybe earlier… Depends on my sparetime :-/

2 Likes