Xtla | first built

A little update…

My Shredlights is here, can wait to mount them soon for my night riding. For anyone who want to get 10% discount you can use my coupon code “XTLA” or http://shredlights.com?aff=142 :yum:

1 Like

2 Likes

Really clean cable managment. The nice thing of this ESC that eerything is compact. You should see mine with double VESCs, antisparks, loop key ( I keep both just in case)…It’s a mess! :laughing: New 2 in 1 VESC will make the difference. In your case a quick cheap VESC would be the 2 in 1 from Maytech in case you want to upgrade or wait for the new one from Enertion.

Messy but im sure you are having fun built them​:joy:. Since it was my 1st built i don’t want to go with complicated setup, i need to learn how the sistem work first and i don’t want to spent more $ for trial n error :smile:. I don’t think i will upgrade this built for now, the only problem i get so far was speed wobble, im not sure what’s the cause, should i change my caliber bushing or maybe my 6mm riser pad to soft, i dunno. Fyi jason told me that beter to run this hubs sensorless if using their esc. The brakes also a bit scary, going fast also scary with small board :sweat_smile:, i haven’t hit full throttle at hi speed mode, so i don’t know what is the max speed i could get. But for casual riding so far i had no problem, fun enough :yum:

i am more excited to start with another built (perhaps belt drive) :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I can answer to all your question because I also have experience the same, first build also for me. -Speed wobble = change the bushing to a venom, riptide…in my case I felt the board really heavy to turn so I went to a skate shop and the crazy guy there choose for me the busghing based on my weight ecc… now it’s like turning on clouds and more stability too. Then you have to play with the kingping (you will need to change with new bushing probably) to tight it up or loose until you feel stable and still able to turn easily. I also use 3mm shockpads but is to absorb vibrations. the last thing is how you place your foot on the board. The Spud is short so the forn one has to be above the truck bolts to be able to have stable ride. Those things worked out for me.

• Yes their ESC works better sensorless. You gain torque. The sketchy brakes is due to the ESC. That’s why VESC is better you can set them to being super smooth. My previous board was with ESC, totally different and is not that exensive how you may think. Anyhow noe that are better ESC, like the one from Ownboard or Wowgo that use boosted board style remote e smooth accellaration and brakes.
  • Top speed due to max ERPM for this motor is 40km/h. You are light so you will get there for sure. I feel stable at that speed though the board is short, but wide so really nice.

Enjoy!

Yes the board really heavy to turn, i’ll try to change the bushing and will check on ownboard esc to. Thanks for your input, always :grin::pray:

1 Like

My pleasure

Wow! this looks amazing! I gotta start getting my butt moving and finish my board up! Congrats on such a clean build here!

1 Like

New Look!

13 Likes

Wow! That’s really nice! What did you use to make the X? Other grip tape?

I cut out the X on the grip tape and then I put black vinyl sticker under where the X is.

1 Like

Wow you’re really good at this!

Amazing , that gives me an idea , @mmaner, would something like this (where the grip tape stays within the boundaries of the board) be possible with your laser cutter ?

1 Like

If I had a laser cutter it would. I sent it back after going through 3 tubes in a month. Looking at other model at the moment.

1 Like

:yum: hehe thank you

Which deck u are going to use? I did it manual tho’

1 Like

This bad boy image

It’ll be more complicated due to all the edges. Laser cut wise It just need to just about .85 the size of the Deck to work , just need to find someone in the US with a Laser cutter and who knows how to do this

3 Likes

Unless you want the griptape exactly same shape offset from the board, yea you’ll need laser cut. But if you want the shape that a bit different and more simple maybe can do it manualy (thin griptape like jesup easier to cut than blood orange)

Imma try to see about laser cutting services , there’s this guy on Etsy I messaged ,

I’m too much of a lazy son of a bitch to do that :smiley:

1 Like

:smile::ok_hand: well…

1 Like