Your very first functional board vs your latest board *pics*

The shopowner is Bruno,

Really great guy and has a very good support service. Will take 3-4 days probably to get to you. (i’m from Belgium) Would recommend. Think the 130 Kv is better, 240 kv is a little bit too much for 10s with vesc. I think 170-190Kv would be good aswell.

1 Like

Ok thanks for sharing your experience. So I will get the 130kv for 10s :slight_smile:

My first build was on a penny board I had lying around, where the motor mount was made using a hand drill like a mill to cut the slots and then zip-tied onto the trucks

And now my latest build, after about a year of reading and getting inspiration from builds other people have done.

10 Likes

I’m still working on my first unfortunately. It’s been through a lot of changes though.

If I did this it would be the same photo twice :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My first build was on a penny board I had lying around, where the motor mount was made using a hand drill like a mill to cut the slots and then zip-tied onto the trucks

And now my latest build, after about a year of reading and getting inspiration from builds other people have done.

7 Likes

I posted here some time ago just the picture of my first board, but now I have picture of the second version, which is already a year old, dead and disassembled to give place to the third version

In this first version I fell pretty bad two time due to receiver disconnecting due to vibrations and no protection whatsoever from the road

And now my second baby that died when I accidentally shorted it just when I had found out what was wrong using a scope borrowed from teacher, which I almost killed together with the board

In these pictures she was still using some cheap wheels that have been upgraded to kegels later and a HTD 3M belt that only gave me headache, but the low drag was amazing

And just a sneak peek on what’s to come, almost all parts ready to assemble

2 Likes

V1 - lunchbox esk8

V2

V2.1 = died

V3 = Current

V3.1

V4 - AT wheel / Lion = TBA

7 Likes

Your designs are very interesting to say the least

I know this thread wasnt a ‘problem’ thread but I gave you the solution checkmark either way

I pre first “build” was just swapping over and just taping cheap Acton Blink board parts to a Penny Longboard to get a feel of a long esk8. I was hooked at the smoothness of an electic longboard after that.

Thanks to Enertion’s one stop shop at the time I put together my official first built that was a blast to ride. That board has been sold for parts with the exception of the battery cells (turned into a 10s3p by Barajabali) and that CF deck. I was able to get my hands on a cheap broken Raptor 1 and fixed it. Loved the deck/enclosure so much that I got another Raptor deck for my current build which will be with the Carvon V3s. So sadly I will just look like I have a off the shelf Boosted and two Raptors on my wall. No Franken Board here

3 Likes

@Michaelinvegas can i get a link for that wheel pulley and retainer ring? last piece i need for a first build. looks like itll fit 72mm wheels…

First very low budget proof of concept (actually at the really beginning the board was just a piece of scrap wood)

And my second board which I’m now using

2 Likes

was stalking someone’s profile and saw this thread…

now i’ve got this

2 Likes

Oh you should see my monstrosity… @psychotiller knows…

2 Likes

My first board in its first rideable state:

I fiberglassed the enclosure and it was a 12s4p battery with a single 6374 13/40 ratio on 97s Now my latest: Since my first build turned into a dual 6374, I wanted something a bit more portable. Vac formed abs enclosure I made, 12s2p on a single 6374 14/40 ratio on 97s

2 Likes

My first real diy.

And same parts on a new deck, with a few other boards joining (Diy and prebuilt)

1 Like

First build: 6s4p 30Q with charge only bms. 270kv 5065 motor Paris clones Cheap amazon motor mount Cheap chain drive kit Some wheel I don’t even remember what it was FVT Car ESC $20 deck I bought off a friend

Second build: TB 12s2p 30Q 190kv 6355 Caliber II 50 deg in PINK Orangatang Kegel Neal Ceramics standard issue Focbox Bustin Sportster 33" Nano X @Eboosted enclosure

4 Likes

That’s what I call evolution @apolo

1 Like

Damn, this thread just restored my confidence in my builds (no offense intended) I’m just happy to see other people taking the long road instead of having a $2000 perfect first build.

I’ll be back next week when my latest and greatest is operational, with comparison photos to my early projects of course.

1 Like

wait a sec this threads been dead 2 years :frowning:

1 Like