2.4Ghz Nano Remote SOLD OUT

Oh, hell yes. Ordered. But that’s going on the front of my board, Knight Rider style. I’ll have to get a black leather jacket to go with it. Maybe put my echo dot on the board so that it can talk to me. This is gonna be the nerdiest esk8 build in history.

The winning controller board and battery will slide in to the powerglove keypad housing with room to spare. I might sub a bigger battery even. Definitely want to get a small OLED screen and use UART output from the VESC for voltage/speed info. LEDs and EL wire are probably in order to make that glove light up like a Christmas tree. Still brainstorming about how I can use those buttons. I’ll take pictures and post a build log when I get further into it.

3 Likes

@Kaly I would like to purchase one, can you message me your paypal info? Sorry, new to the site!

I remember someone asking me about this before. How is the flex sensor holding up? I found that they don’t deal with twisting too well.

How about putting LED’s in the rows of number buttons along the pinky side to show remaining battery life of the remote and board. Is there a way to read and transmit info like battery voltage from the board to the receiver?

any remotes left ?? can you send it to israel ? :slight_smile:

The VESC can be programmed to output telemetry data to the UART port, but it’s not gonna get back to the controller with existing hardware. The Gt2b is only sending information in 1 direction; from the transmitter in your hand to the receiver attached to the VESC.

This beautiful workaround from @NerijusM sends speed and voltage data back to the controller with a couple arduinos communicating via bluetooth:

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/ultimate-gt2b-mod-badwolf-glow-bluetooth-vesc-telemetry/

Yeah I’m not sure if the flex sensor will be able to handle any abuse. As with most cheap electronics, I bought a couple so that I can experiment without fear of being stranded if one goes out. That includes the controller itself; great deal from @Kaly.

I’ll tell you how it’s holding up in a few weeks, but I’ll start a build log for that. Don’t want to clutter up this topic thread. Still waiting on VESCs so that I can do a bench test…

The tranceiver onboard the winning remote is capable of both RX and TX. If you have some microcontroller experience you should be able to write custom firmware to send back data from the VESC to the remote.

It’s a standard 2.4Ghz module right? Why not use a different reciever to take advantage of better antenna design? (I’m going to swap my antenna with a flat patch style one. I have a CF deck)

What receiver/flat patch antenna are you trying that works, Link if you have a specific one to recomend pls, thx. I also have some CF challenges to experiment around!

I’m going to use some wifi/Bluetooth antennas from laptops. They’re the same band. Heads up. This violates he FCC ccertification so be careful and register asap if successful.

Thanks for the remote and the delivery! Awesome meeting you too!

2 Likes

@Mrmoonlight. The route you suggested is really nice, I enjoyed the ride by the river and over the Williamsburg bridge, even came across some friends.

1 Like

Hey what’s up. I am in midtown NYC but can’t really meet up anywhere, (work late and mornings are bad) do you think you can deliver to 40th st and 7th Ave ?

In the weekends I have free time, but I can always mail it to you. :slight_smile:

no doubt. I’ll PM you in a sec, mail should work. Thanks.

Share that route, I tried Randall/Ward Island on @Kaly suggestion and that was awesome! Also have been over Williamsburg & Manhattan bridges from Manhattan to explore lower Brooklyn so far. Haha, maybe we need a @Kaly NYC best trips thread lol!

Holy crap that was fast! I just got mine today! Thanks! @Kaly

Just a general remark: Please do the binding process exactly as described above! Else the fail safe function sometimes won’t perform like needed. Just test it by switching off the remote while giving throttle and see if the motor goes into neutral. If yes, everything is ok.

But it happens frequently that the remote either goes on full speed or full brake when loosing reception or being switched of during use. And that’s not funny!

Does it also happen when the failsafe has been set up correctly? I just bought this to prevent a runaway board as I just got injured because of that…