Apple and the Community

Apple makes wonderful devices but they have that closed market nazi attitude. Fuck Apple. I will never ever buy another thing from them. My sister was willing to give me her iphone for free and i said no thanks. I don’t even want It for free.

3 Likes

I do eventually want to become a writer after all.

Could have sold it and got a pixel

She sold it

1 Like

Did she get a pixel? Lol

Apple isn’t even fine for the normal person, becuase their practices make it much more expensive to innovate for consumers, which means we’re being left behind as China pulls ahead because they can innovate quickly and cheaply without the Applecuffs on their hands. Those cuffs are put there by the millions of people who keep buying them as fashion accessories. It’s pulling the entire tech sector down with it, slowly but surely. I just told a customer Friday that if they wanted any apple anything in their new software project, I’m adding 100K to the price and they said they had to because their consumers have iturds. Well, companies innovating in China don’t have these added costs.

Enjoy, your decisions have consequences. I hope you like third-world countries because you’re very slowly turning yours into one each time you give money to apple.

4 Likes

@anorak234 noticed you’ve been splitting and merging stuff. We kinda cloudied up this sales thread with Apple Talk, anyway it can be split offfed onto something like “Apple and the Community” so we can give OP his thread back ?

2 Likes

Yeah honestly had a bit too much holiday cheer last night and thought this whole mess was in the unity thread lol.

1 Like

I had a marketing guy ask us if we could make our MRSA test “have an iPhone app so users can see results.” I died a little inside.

3 Likes

How quickly they’ve forgotten about the world wide web. They have iGlasses clouding their vision.

1 Like

How do you set it up with a phone? Bluetooth?

yes, bluetooth. The UI is shockingly simple and straight forward.

3 Likes

I went to set it up last night with a chromebook and the usb isn’t connecting. Maybe it’s the cable they sent or maybe it’s the chromebook. Might just buy a bluetooth adapter and go that route.

I used both, usb and my phone without any problem. The only thing I noticed that the Unity´s bluetooth module sit´s on there sightly crooked.

I just bought a bluetooth from bkb. Wish I could figure out how to get it working with my chromebook though.

Will a data transfer cable from phone to unity work?

Edit: Shit nevermind, I still have an S7 with micro usb lol

Sorry i seem to have lost you somwhere. If S7 means Samsung Galaxy S7 then just download the Focbox Unity UI and connect your phone with the already build in bluetooth module of the Unity. No need for micro usb. No need for a further bluetooth module.

3 Likes

Holy crap! I honestly had no idea bluetooth was built in.

2 Likes

Done. Thanks.

5 Likes

I personally will not support a company that has to put a frikkin circus net around the building because too many people are jumping to their deaths.

Apple litterally bought an entire city, if you don’t work for Apple you have to leave your home as you cannot get basic services. If you do work for Apple there are no basic employment protections because, well, China. So some people barely make enough to eat much less provide for a family…hrnch death plummet to concrete.

I mean, can you imagine death being a more palatable choice that going to work?

That’s why I don’t use apple. Beyond that the quality of hardware, marketing propaganda, closed O/S and huge fees to sell software that uses the apple platform. It’s frikkin awful.

I’m putting my soap box up now.

7 Likes