Benchwheel remote & receiver

My multimeter says 0V at the second pins. I don’t know for what those pins are used for.

OK thanks for checking for me @yaca

I have a feeling they are going to be for a second VESC.

I’ll have to find my 5v elsewhere.

Here are 2 pics of Benchwheel receiver with the middle row pins solder bridged together. (excuse my solder bridge, not to pretty, but worked) This connects 5vdc to the next row. Supposedly, this row is channel 2. (not marked) Not sure what the red marks are for on component side. I did this to get 5vdc for an exhaust fan. It worked fine. I’m still looking for that all allusive channel 2. Not sure it works like that though. But it will work for 5vdc. Trace out the traces and use a volt/ohm meter to understand what’s going on. Good luck.

2 Likes

Great stuff. That looks like a good way to sort it.

are these benchweel remote and receivers still out there?? I bought one a while back and was looking to get another and when I went looking I could only find the remote by itself without receiver :frowning:

It seems that the remote + reciver is currently out of stock. I have contacted the seller to understand if he will sell more in the future. I’ll update you accordingly.

It goes in and out of stock on aliexpress. Luckily, I stocked up on a few :wink:

Benchwheel respond: “It’s out of stock now. It’ll take a few days”.

Hope that helps.

But running dual VESC’s parallel on one receiver will mess up your traction in sharp turns right? I’m not sure what the BLDC tool really does when you configured the canbus connection, I always thought it lets the motors spin at different speeds (to certain programmable erpm limit).

You can turn on traction control if you are using a CAN bus connection between VESC’s. In a practical sense, I can see no performance difference between traction control with a CAN bus and splitting the RX cable to 2 VESC’s. I actually tested the hell out of it :slight_smile: .

I used 1 board with the same VESC’s, battery pack, batteries, wheels…everything. I did a 5 mile ride with traction control along a predetermined path. The next day I did the same exact path using roughly the same speeds, using a split RX lead instead of traction control. There was no performance or battery discharge difference.

I still prefer the CAN bus, that way you can write both VESC’s via bluetooth using @Ackmaniac F/W.

2 Likes

Is anyone having problems with the receiver? They tend to break quickly

Got more info on that?.. Sucks ass, if there is a problem with more than 1 benchwheel remote

I had to resolder 2,4Ghz module to the main board, I believe this may be the issue.

1 Like

posted about benchwheel remote also!!! its alfull ditch it… I was going to suggest the nano clones but am having issues now so cant suggest it anymore

I’ve used 4 remotes, none of which gave my any problems

Receivers going fatal after connecting at full voltage. Factory says its not theyre fault but I got 3 dead receivers

What do they mean, full voltage? My battery is 6s. How can this not be their fault?

i broke one benchwheel receiver, by mistake i bought one controller without the receiver, so i have 2 useless controllers.

i don’t know why they sell the controller without the receiver, but they don’t sell only the receiver…

My receiver stopped working after the first connection!

BW have sent me a new one though as I went back to them and complained…

1 Like

What do you mean with full voltage? It has always to be 5 volts, normally it’s coming from the the esc.