BRING BACK THE EVENTS CATEGORY - this is SO much more than a builders forum!

direct link now in drop down menu

At bottom of menu now, very easy to swap between sites.

looks good! Would be good to be logged in the other forum aswell, that you donĀ“t need seperate accounts

i tried to make that happen but was not easy to implement, so you do actually need two logins, but your browser should remember you and you should always be logged in unless you dont want to beā€¦ at least thatā€™s how it is on my phone & pc

1 Like

goal would be one account and all notifications from both places. Then itĀ“s clean separated but still one unit :clap:

Why did we not just rename this forum to club and have a diy/production board section? It would combine the two and be attractive to non builders without alienating the current user base.

believe it or not, what makes this forum so good is that business & community mix together.

the community needs vendors & the vendors need the community. Not saying itā€™s perfect but it has seemed to work out very well. The legit businesses tend to get a good reputation & attract more customers, good deals are good for the community.

Also, spamming is very rare, the community tends to be very good at shutting down fraudsters and fake accounts that appear only for profit.

neither the ā€œclubā€ or ā€œbuildersā€ sites are designed to be better or worse for businesses, they are literally the same platform just with different topics of discussion. Hopefully, this means that users and business can interact better together in their chosen area of focus.

2 Likes

yes, that would work wellā€¦ but really needed to happen from the beginning.

this builders site is already well established in terms of SERPs, changing the structure will break links and make it harder for information to be found in search engines.

Also, changing the identity of the builderā€™s website will also potentially alienate people. two seperate sites is a good compromise and will work better for SEO

Anyway, Pretty sure people will complain no matter what i do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi guys, just wanted to give my input.

I personally think the .club forum is needed.

Many of you are mentioning the fact that thereā€™s already a reddit forum for casual. Well iā€™m a moderator there and been using it for years. While itā€™s great for quick chat and news, itā€™s a terrible platform to discuss something weā€™re all so passionate about.

Some others are saying we just needed a separate board section for complete boards. As a complete rider only (and a kinda diy hub board), thatā€™s a terrible idea. For you, DIY users, its fine, but for everyone else who donā€™t know much about amps and circuit boards itā€™s just noise on the screen. The .diy is still great for enthousiastes though, because thatā€™s where we learn about all those things, when we want to.

Thereā€™s no great forum right now. and in my opinion .club can become the main one for complete board enthusiast. Claims that @onloop and enertion are using that forum to push the raptors are wrong. Iā€™ve seen no bias or marketing moves being done on that website other than in the raptor 2 thread.

Yes itā€™s still small and silent and mostly about the raptor 2 because it was linked here on the raptor thread that is now locked, but you just need to give it some time. More and more people are coming to discuss other boards and no one is being silenced and all brands are welcome to the discussion.

2 Likes

Ah okay sorry Jason maybe a slight misunderstanding here - couldnā€™t agree more with ā€˜what makes this forum so good is that business & community mix together.ā€™

I was more expressing concern that decisions affecting the site would be made from your business perspective i.e. enertion.

Agree with the rest though

yes, i could totally fuck everything upā€¦ i try each day not too. promise

i could ban all other vendors but thatā€™s not really in my natureā€¦ as much as they annoy me at times, the community needs unityā€¦ and competition is good. & i would be hated by everyone for doing that.

i admit I am far from perfect, but my goal is not to control everything, i just want some organization and nobody else was doing anything so i gave it a shot. mostly people like it.

if my forums can help grow our beloved industry and make it reach more people i will be happy. I think my fellow business owners would be grateful for the forums too, but unlikely they will admit that in public :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why not let that happen organically instead of doing this through a mod rule? Seems like a lot of work/change issues for something that you think will be inevitable.

The content is what builds the audience initially. I cannot have off topic or duplicate content across two different sites as that prevents organic growth in search engines. The ā€œbuildingā€ site is really good for the tech stuff and for promoting the self built movement.

But when it comes to big events, grand visions of the future, the Electric Skateboarding industry as a whole, government petitions, law reforms, etcā€¦ The builder site is very unattractive, many people donā€™t participate.

We need to think bigā€¦ Thoughts need to be followed by actions.

3 Likes

yep. thatā€™s the business perspective i was thinking about that made me see why this would be a benefit. Organizationally its a smart move.

Donā€™t fool yourself. Iā€™m gorgeous and i make this forum very attractive. Shit man, have you even seen me? Iā€™m fucking beautiful.

3 Likes

Boys, we cannot blame noobs we just have to make things more clear. Just got a ā€noobā€ friend asking me How to build one that I had. I till him the basic and linked this forum and till him to read up big Timesā€™ before even thinking of building one. Next day he came to me like. I couldnā€™t find any help information just arguments, sell this sell that, this is broken and that is broken. He them asked me If he would lose money. This is hard to explain but he basicly by looking at this unorganized shit made him turn down on esk8 which is the opposite of What we want. I enden up likning all those ā€ complete walkthrough ā€ Threads to him and it all made sense. Why couldnā€™t I find this directly?

Noobs wont be smart enough to even know What to search for so we cannot expect them to do so. The thing we can do is to make them se What they are looking for directly. This elimineras the ā€maybe I should start a thread and ask someone like the others do?ā€

And If the dont got that Q&A then the can open a in deepth thread that this forum enjoys.

Thing Im saying is we cannot stop helping just make them help themselfs.

Pin the threads on top and make it visible not fkn grey and in the background shit.

Start like this and see and maybe then go all crazy about deleting forums or switching whatever.

Maybe you guys couldnā€™t understand me, maybe Im not the byggets voice here around but Im sure not going to let a community break down and get lost.

Done have a Good day

1 Like

iamverysmart.jpg

interestingly enough, just seeing the file name of a relevant image was just as funny to me as actually seeing the relevant image.

a new meme is born.

1 Like

after a lot of thought about thisā€¦ iā€™m less worried.

so many good points have been raised. Points such as ā€œit doesnā€™t matter where we are as long as weā€™re togetherā€ and the general organization of things should be not only user freindly but also seo freindly. I get that. Build shit here, meet up there and talk about rides over there and then come over here and talk about building. ITs probably overkill, but i get it.

Regarding the fragmentation issue, it did more or less split the community. Fragmentation did happen, just as was predicted. Weā€™re over here, theyā€™re over there, there is some cross over but plenty of people on ES donā€™t come here and i never go there anymore. Lots of people never go there anymore. Lots of people that are here now have never even heard of ES. That will prove itself when somebody responds to this very comment and says ā€œwtf is ES?ā€ Thatā€™s organic. This is the place for esk8s, thatā€™s the place for literally everything else. We are a fragment. Thatā€™s good.

My concern wasnā€™t regarding fragmenting the esk8 community further in general. it was about fragmenting THIS PARTICULAR community. These people, that i know. And it wasnā€™t a concern regarding the natural organic separation of esk8s from the rest of the DIY EV community. IT was a concern regarding the political/partisan fragmentation of people who feel differently regarding the issue of change being dictated by one person who owns the forums and benefits from it financially. Thatā€™s a different type of fragmentation that typically results in an entirely new forum. Except this time, This Forum would suffer as the New Forum would grow under a different environment and philosophy.

I only bring this up because iā€™m the kind of person who can make that kind of thing happen. IT would be trivial to set up a new forum on one of my esk8 domains. It would be trivial to make a fuckload of useful posts and invite everyone over there and leverage my name to shave off a good peel of this community and start my own where the keys are handed over to a small group.

but power like that mustnā€™t be wielded wantonly.

1 Like

This was my only concern as well. I believe I have said how much I appreciate this community @onloop . It was a brilliant and needed implement from itā€™s inception. Thatā€™s why myself and others go into protection mode so often.

4 Likes

thatā€™s a good word for it, protection mode. My hand falls to my hilt pretty much any time i even smell a concern regarding this place. Its my home.

2 Likes