Cheap 6X2 145mm wheels offroad setup for sale

who were some of the guys that tested it? maybe tag them and they can chime in? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys, Iā€™m one of the people whoā€™s been running this setup for the past two months. To answer a few questions Iā€™ve seen in this thread.

In terms of handling and comfort, I havenā€™t had the chance to try out true pneumatics so I canā€™t speak to that, but I imagine those will give you a plushier ride. In return, since these wheels are pretty dense, while not as comfy as pneumatics, they are more comfortable than my 90mm 78A BKB wheels were, and I havenā€™t noticed significant loss of range or efficiency. They give me great peace of mind when riding however, since my I donā€™t have to be glued to the road surface as much, scanning for cracks or rocks. I had originally planned to use these only in the winter but I plan on sticking to these year round.

I donā€™t know the weight of the wheels without a scale, but they are on the heavier side especially with the giant 60T wheel pulley in the rear, maybe I could convince dicky to make some cutouts in the pulley to reduce weight.

The wheels are about 1.6" wide, and the trucks are 8" long (the thick aluminum part) with 2" axles on each side, so total of 12 inches.

Based on the spacing of my setup with 15mm belts and 6355 motors, I would say you can fit most dual 6374 motors.

Another note, the bushing that come stock with these trucks are pretty bad (no offense to dicky), Iā€™ve since swapped them out to Riptide Krank Barrel boardside and Street Barrel roadside, and itā€™s been a much better experience. Do your own research on the new bushing though, since everyone is different.

My board is currently disassembled due to an accident last week, but Iā€™ll answer any questions I can.

4 Likes

How fast do you ride? I remember the last set of popular airless tires, many people were happy but it turned out they rode fairly slow. The fast riders found lots of vibration, and fell apart at speed.

My board is capable of 30mph, and Iā€™ve ridden it at those speeds a couple times. No issues with vibration or anything else, at least in my experience. The ones you are talking about I believe had holes in them for shock absorption but also made them more prone to expanding at speed.

2 Likes

Oh Im so tempted to buy thisā€¦ If you have bought this can you please write a review?

Those tires were extremely soft and wide though, these arenā€™t really the same. Also they werent that slow (You needed to ziptie to the hub) but theyā€™re super inefficient

1 Like

Did you read my comment a few lines above? Or did you mean you want a more comprehensive review?

so I made a quick build using these wheels - I didnā€™t try 30mph this build was purely to test bigger wheels with a tail - I liked the resistance on these, didnā€™t feel like terrible rolling.

I bought a AWD set with 4 motors - didnā€™t really buy this for the wheels they were just for science : ) wanted to try a ā€˜cheap setā€™ see if I liked the height.

thereā€™s a couple of vids.

EDIT: I really like the trucks and the mounts , I ran without loctite on them and no moving!

1 Like

Yes, I saw it but I would like some more people give their comment before i shell out 200$ and go into - on my card :smiley:

Do they have more traction than regular wheels when wet?

Thanks, Chris. no problem to pointing out the nagetive side of the product, I do think this is a good way that I learn about whatā€™s bad of my stuffs.

by the way, the one you have was the fist sample, it got a little heavier than those comes later. now the data is: 1 pc of 6X2 wheel 610g 1pc of 60T pulley 260g 1pc of 44T pulley 150g 1pc of extended truck 500g

2 Likes

The swastikaā€™s history actually dates way back then the Third Reichā€¦

1 Like

@dickyho Iā€™m going to ask you to repost what you posted earlier, but without the swastika in the pictures. I understand itā€™s a symbol of luck in certain cultures but to myself (Jewish) and several other groups worldwide it can be very offensive.

3 Likes

Wfor me, when itā€™s drawn diagonally itā€™s the Nazi symbol and when horizontal with four dots itā€™s the Hindu auspicious symbol. So that was def the Nazi symbol for me.

1 Like

Just to be clear Iā€™m not defending the ā€œThird Reichā€ or any of its actions. I actually know what happened and I know people who experienced the terror first hand.

Uhhmm so the swastika was just associated with something bad bc of the ā€œThird Reichā€. It actually is a pretty prominent symbol in multiple religionsā€¦ :slight_smile:

Screenshot_1

1 Like

Sorry, we are chinese, though we hate the communist, but not knowing very much about the Nazi.

repost with picture without logo. 08D0F3C17825B76D4006853920288F0D 9D17431475C025170E25997EA2885B1C 445CCA14705EEBAF8BEF727FC967E006 549E75E88CAEB9B16FC9EF60A82A52FD E10CA0CB1021AE4F0C339E64A7A05E4F

7 Likes

yes, on the right side of you picture, it is a Buddism logo,have been using a lot here in Asia.

2 Likes

How is the traction on road when is wet compared to regular wheels?

I never even tried to slide these, they def have more grip than thane - I would definitely use these over thane if I needed to ride in the wet.

1 Like

Thats the answer I needed! Ordering one set in a few days :slight_smile:

Iā€™m working on wheel guards for both the rear and front wheels. Iā€™m printing them out at the moment (will be ready in about a week, thereā€™s a long queue for our school printers) if they turn out well I might share the designs.

5 Likes