Custom Made Board, what can $600 get me?

Quick little update for ya’ll if you’re still curious, @M.Hboards is hooking me up with a 10s3p battery, the VESC from aliexpress (above) and a @Boardnamics mount too, along with a bunch of other misc hardware. Probably gonna go with the @torqueboards nano remote and still gonna go with the BKB 6374 motor. Getting excited to build this thing! Oh and I attached the trucks to the board :ok_hand:t3: IMG_2687

3 Likes

Sick, I would change the remote simply because there isn’t much space on the throttle wheel for acceleration

2 Likes

What about an enclosure? Mabe @psychotiller

3 Likes

Also mabe try the vx1 remote I’ve been using it and i love it!

2 Likes

Yeah forgot to mention that, probably gonna go with @psychotiller unless I decide to make my own. @KaramQ that is good to know thanks

1 Like

Lookin at the vx1 remote, whats the difference between the V4 and V6?

1 Like

@kuphjr used to make vacuum fit enclosures for pretty cheap, you should check if he still makes them

2 Likes

This one is popular. Cheap and reliable.

It’s pretty good as is, but you can also mod it to make it even better:

1 Like

Your going to need the cable for single v4 if you ordered the aliexpress vesc ilinked above. If you plan on ever upgrading to dual motor then you will need the dual v4 cable which can also be used on a single v4.

1 Like

This is a very good remote.

https://forum./t/how-to-bind-the-mini-remote/95

2 Likes

Okay yeah that’s a lot cheaper and I actually wouldn’t mind a trigger for the throttle, thanks man

2 Likes

Just remember to switch the remote off when you’re not on the board to avoid any unwanted movement from hitting the trigger accidentally.

3 Likes

Any updates?

1 Like

Well I have slowly but surely been receiving the parts and I am almost there, the battery just shipped out so it’ll be here soon and a @psychotiller enclosure is on the way too, that and still waiting on the remote. Pretty much all the miscellaneous parts have come. image

4 Likes

Alrighty update time! I have begun the process of putting this thing together, now feel free to let me know if I’m doing something wrong cause I am definitely a noob in all this. I decided to go with the motor off the back due to the enclosure and my board being a weird size, that shouldn’t present any problems right? image image

3 Likes

Looks like both your pulleys would support 15mm wide belts but you are using 12mm, is that right?

Depending on your weight you might get some belt skipping, specially on a single motor build, if you don’t that’s great but if you do 15mm belts would be the next thing to do.

Yeah I just ordered the wrong size I’ll definitely get some 15mm on the way, where would you recommend getting them?

I’m assuming you plan on getting a female xt60 connector and not just pushing those wires in correct? Screenshot_2019-05-16-18-57-53~3

I should’ve included a female connector for you. How’s the battery been treating you?

Yes lol I am just about to do that and no worries I got plenty of xt60s. The battery so far has been great, can’t wait to actually try it out tho!

1 Like

Dude, this is probably the cleanest build on the forum at the time, I love how everything matches. Why didn’t you get the stealth mounts from boardnamics?

1 Like