Dual 6374's versus Dual 6355's

Different strokes for different folks, I may not always do 40+ mph but I’d rather have a board that can cruise at 25 than one that struggles to reach 25mph even if I dont pass that speed.

7 Likes

Im kinda in the same boat as @Battosaii

It also makes it so riding doesn’t feel any different when the battery is almost dead… You can still acquire street speeds.

But as others have said

Knees, elbows, hips, spine and roost. And my latest - tie up ankle braces to prevent rolls.

I still go down hills with just a helmet and gloves and sometimes throw knees on. But Esk8 is a different beast. Be safe please.

3 Likes

This is so funny. Clearly, we use these for different things. If I did all that, I’d be spending 4 hours every day just putting on and taking off equipment

1 Like

We do… I’m sure you can tell my my videos it is for pure enjoyment and quick runs to the store. As I don’t have a beach 15 minutes from me any more to carve waves

Not a commuting board. When I finish my potato for the office campus it will just be a half cap and gloves and 20mph max. Just depends on how I’m riding :slight_smile:

1 Like

@b264

I would have to recommend just not going 40mph on an esk8. I know that might be an unpopular opinion but I think about 25mph is a sweet-spot for a top-speed.

Someone has to say it.

Amen!!

(shoulder cardboard boxes don’t like you going at 25 mph, much less 40 mph) :grimacing:

1 Like

Superfly’s it is! One more thing, I was planning to mount my motors beneath the board for a stealth look. I fail to see any advantage from a reverse mount besides slightly more ground clearance. What mounting style did you or @esk8taylor take and why?

I simply want to have the ability to go 40mph, my normal riding speed will be closer to 25. I think having a high performance esk8 is like owning a supercar. You have the ability to go fast but most of the time you’ll simply cruise.

A little more ground clearance, less debris can get into your belts, less rocks will be hitting your motors and mounts, you can use a drop through deck, but no real performance difference. Some also prefer the look of the motors at the back.

Check out this build:

1 Like

I am using a drop through deck for stability.

You won’t be able to mount your motors under the deck on a drop though deck. Simply not enough space. Only with AT tires.

I’ve done both on various builds. I like tucked under the best, as I can stand the board on the tail and not the motors.

Did you have enough space under a flat drop through deck with 107mm wheels to mount 6374 motors?

Drop through decks don’t do too well with motors underneath unless they’re small like 50mm diameter. Simply not enough room unless you are running large tires (5"+)

1 Like

Thanks for the input man! Once more thing, I’m still trying to find a good deck to build my board. I need it to be stiff and drop through for stability. I would prefer a plain deck because I plan on a custom paint job.

I came up with this:

https://www.skateshred.com//wholesale-blank-longboard-decks/canadian-maple-wood-drop-through-blank-deck.html

What do you think? Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

I used that deck on a past build. It’s flexes slightly. how much do you weigh?

Edit: just read the top, I’m just a few pounds heavier than you. It’ll be stiff enough for you, personally I’d want some pockets to keep my feet in place better.

1 Like

Yeah, I was looking for a board with a slight concave. I didn’t come up with much though. I’m hoping grip tape will do the job. :joy:

Maybe this:

If I may suggest, message @treenutter, he makes amazing decks and you could work something out together with him!

2 Likes

My St 40 Deck

modified

5 Likes

Thanks, that helps. One last thing, should I run 12mm or 15mm belts. I heard that 12mm is sorta of a sweet zone with 6374’s and 15mm is overkill. Thoughts anyone?

I ran 20mm. I’d only ever use 15 or 20mm on dual 6374.

1 Like