EMF Hub motor final sale!

Hi jacob,

what about the new urethane you told us? You still waiting and you will get them soon or not? If there will not be a fix in the next weeks, please send me the motors even with slipping wheels. To wait a few weeks more for the fixed ones would not be a problem for me.

Please let me know about your plan.

Thanks

Thank you for taking action and being honest about the situation. I would like to receive my order instead of a refund. I think these kind of community pre-orders should have a community-shared risk, therefore I don’t want to back out and leave you with all the costs. Seeing that the urethane is more prone to wear and tear, could you ship me an extra pair with the order? Please PM/email me for the additional costs. You state that the motors clearly have some issues, can you elaborate a bit more on this subject? Are there any issues that we should be aware of beside the bad urethane? I hope that you can wrap up this project as best as possible and come out debt free. Please keep us posted and hopefully you can make some better urethane soon. You’ll at least have me as a paying costumer for the new urethane (within reason ;)).

Edit: an extra request; could you make the shipment soon? I don’t want to wait for weeks any longer. If I have to be honest; I still having a debate with myselve about opening a PayPal dispute due to the lack of communication from your side. That feels sketchy at best… I think that is also a major hurdle for most people. Keep that in mind. I understand that communication can be hard if you don’t want to promise more than you can deliver while finding a solution. But no communication feels like a scam from the perspective of a eager DIY-er.

4 Likes

That would be a great suggestion, pls add me to the addition urethane if possible, Jacob. I apprexiate all of your work!

What is your ETA for the next batch of hub motors? We need to talk about design if you want to continue.

I would also like to point out that I recently shelled out $600 for Infolytics MotorSolve desktop program.

There is no stator (slots/magnet grade/diameter/length) under 12/14/N52/62mm/150mm that can generate enough torque (27Nm based on 100kg person on a 17°/30% grade) with a high enough rpm (max RPM should be at least 1800 on a 90mm wheel ≈ 35mph). The closest I got with the above stator was 19Nm and 1200Rpm (approaching 0 torque) at 12s full charge 40Amps.

To test how accurate this was, I inputted the data I have on the two +20 slot motors you’ve been selling into the program. As I suspected, they burned out because the torque needed to push me (130lbs) up a 17° hill pulled the capped 35 amps. While you claim your motors can take 40 Amps, they really can’t without heating up because the internal wire resistance is so high.

For the record, Hummies are NOT in any better shape electromechanically speaking. They just use component rated to survive what I would consider motor abuse. Scorpion motors uses a similar tactic with the motor designs. That said, I would like to be able to touch my hangar without burning my fingers (perfect, built in heat sink).

** EDIT ** When building a motor, it should be over specced such that there is headroom for machining variation and for a variety of conditions. Target should be 80-95% Duty, must have 25Nm of torque minimum so aim for 30Nm. 60kmh is scary dangerous, but we really want to target 25mph to take on belted drives.

Targets in order of importance to design:

1. Torque - 30Nm (Turns, Stator Slots, Magnets).
  2. RPM - 25mph ~ 1200rpm on 90mm wheel (Effective Gauge (I suggest starting with 16 gauge and working towards 1).

I’ve spent five days running simulations and I’m not satisfied with the truth that we might not be able to squeeze this performance from a small motor without cooking it. Keep trying and send me an email, we cna work this out.

5 Likes

Hello @jacobbloy

just visited your website and noticed that you’re still selling your motors. However the possibility to pay via PayPal is gone.

Does that mean you’re trying to get money for the motors twice?

• there are people that ordered early, paid via PayPal and did never get anything
  • above you recommend that these people open a PayPal dispute to re-claim their money - and that your PayPal account is already negative
  • now it looks that you’re trying to sell the same motors that you never sent out a second time. Are you going to collect the money or are you going to use the money to pay your PayPal dept?

A word of advice: you should rather communicate pro-actively, tell the people how you want to get out of the mess you are in and deal with customers that want a refund instead of having them deal with PayPal.

Makes sense to me now why Im not getting any response on another matter. It doesnt sound good with these motors and no further updates then.

@jacobbloy

Do we get our motors one day or do we wait for nothing. Everything started with a lie: When I orderded the ETA was the 1st. week of July but this was not true, because the problem with the urethane came later, so you didn’t have enough motors I think. Do you have motors now or do we just wait and wait and wait. Why don’t you answer???

1 Like

Cough cough Hummies Hubs cough

@jacobbloy

I try it again and hope you will answer. Is there a problem with the motors or just with the wheels? If the problem is only the urethane, please send me the motors now? Please stay in contact with us and don’t stuck your head in the sand!

1 Like

I have tried to contact him, using this forum, email and even paypal. I am tired of waiting and sent him a refund email. Unfortunately he did not respond…

Sadly I think he is gone. Trying to go back on some emails to see if other contact number on it.

What so you mean with gone?

As in we won’t ever hear from him again i guess :slight_smile:

So I am loosing all my money,???

@sean, I think you should listen to jacob one last time.

So you should open a PayPal dispute, the process is explained on the PayPal site. Mention that you’ve never received any goods and that the seller is not answering. PayPal should then refund you the money - and chase Jacob.

So sad - but seems to be the only solution.

2 Likes

paid with mastercard lol

holy shit!

And you never heard from him either?

Do you have buyer protection with mastercard? There might be a similar process, maybe not as “online” as PayPal.

Then Jacob will be chased by the big credit card companies as well. Not good for him and his business. He would rather communicate openly. Oh well …

thats would be a pretty sad end to the story. maybe jacob shouldve made the hubs appear less like a fully tested retail product and more like a development beta thing to avoid a refund flood.

Fully agreeing with you WP! And this is why everybody is chasing Jacob and telling him to communicate and talk.

The motors are still advertised on his website. Doesn’t sound like a work in progress.

These Motors are the best option for the lightest, quickest and pleasing to the eyes electric skateboard kit you could ever buy.

At 83mm the wheel is a perfect balance of speed and torque giving you the ability to have thrilling speeds but still climb that hill on the way home.

Like A Boosted board or An Enertion Raptor or Evolve Gt electric skateboard only more stylish and you build it your self.

I have been following up on another issue and have no response when he advised that he would get me back an item. In good faith. Just no delivery date or any correspondence for weeks. So hence why I used gone.

1 Like