Enertion Raptor Reviews

I thought the vesc from enertion would come with xt90.

Nice, ride some more and then share your thoughts. You will get used to wobbles, if you’re a new skateboard your stabilizer muscles will develop and you will balance better.

Don’t over tighten trucks! Adjust them for your weight, the heavier you are the tighter you need them to be. Mine just need about half a turn from factory to be tightened to how I want them. The looser trucks allow for better carving and turning also.

2 Likes

Mine came with an xt60 but I soldered a xt90 on it.

1 Like

This is what I want to avoid!

Yes I guess so! I just tightened them and was wondering if they were too tight because there is some gnarly sound when standing on it?!

A clicking/popping sound is likely too tight. A lot of new people over tighten them because they think it will avoid speed wobbles. Wobbling you will learn to balance with experience, tightening a little is fine but over doing it can make it even more dangerous

2 Likes

It is soooo fun! I rode above 30kmh but its really fast and I gotta practice getting more stability. Sadly it just started raining :frowning: I talked to a biker which loved it and so many turning heads again. I just gotta look out for police all the time…

2 Likes

How do I turn off the remote lol?

Edit: Holding down A did it for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update after the third ride in slide wet streets with nasty nature sticking everwhere on my raptor now. I get a better feel for driving it by now and it feels real good! Still want to buy some proper gear and a camera. Im currently wearing my motorcycle helmet and gloves. They work perfectly fine on the controller, the same speed is easily holdable. I dont know why anyone would want a speed control as I felt like it was second nature to stay one speed if wanted. It is soo much fun! I rode about 15 km and it said 70%ish percent on the lid.

1 Like

Range tests coming this weekend. After that I think I’ve covered everything there is for potential buyers, if I missed anything that someone wants to see, let me know. I’ll update original post.

Reliability test will be updated after a few months of regular use.

20 minutes of use and mine is already out of commission for the next week or so. I really like this board but I’m really irritated that of all the luck in the world, I had to be the lucky one to get the problematic one :unamused:

what happened?

what happened??? I haven’t used mine extensively yet, been taking it on perfect quality roads only.

Battery factory worker who made my space cell put the power button a little too close to the side of the lid (there was literally no clearance between the lid and the button). Went on my first ride and 20 minute later the CF glass lid cut into the power button and the whole thing just shuts down. Had to call uber cause I was pretty far from my fiancee place.

@onloop was pretty fast in responding to my inquiries and immediately tried to resolve the problem, but its either I fix it myself or wait 2 weeks to get it fix or wait for the battery factory to resupply and make me a new one. Listen man, I got butter fingers, I don’t trust myself with tools and I’m gonna fudge the operation one way or the other and it’ll take longer than 2 weeks to solve it. SO, I thought of a genius idea to overnight ship it to @longhairedboy to get it fix and i’ll be back in business by Monday (obviously on my dime)…welp, USPS decided today was a good day to fuk with me because I was already having a bad day and decided the tracking info did not need to show up in their system. Now i’m not even sure if it’ll reach Damon in time for Saturday shipping.

I understand this is entirely out of the control of everyone involved (except for that battery factory worker…If only i can give him a piece of my mind :triumph:) But I do have to wonder whether that being up there is trying to send me a message or something, cause throwing money at the problem produce no desirable results and my BB D+ is out of commission too! ahhhh fuk it, i’m going to grab a beer and just stay home and watch the news or something.

3 Likes

wow, how did the CF lid cut into the power button?? Cuz the lid is secure in place and even if the button is touching the side it shouldn’t do anything?

Mine is also touching one side but no issues yet. meaning the CF lid is brushing one side of the button.

Sucks man. It seems like the most hyped people for their boards have the worst luck for some reason. Do you exactly how it broke? Just the power switch doesn’t work anymore? Did it sever a wire?

I was just thinking the same thing. Some kind of mean karma.

1 Like

Right? Both @HoboFarts and @Mr_Mahal were stoked about their GT’s and both are now out of commission. Meanwhile, my GT has been going good commuting everyday (not to brag). @Photorph also had brake issues with his LHB board. Fingers crossed for his Raptor :innocent:

2 Likes

Not a huge issue tbh. Just put a piece of small foam on the side just in case and you should be in business. I think best case scenario is to cut a small piece of the lid off touching the button.

Yea seriously, I’m worried… these boards are AWESOME when they work. Let’s hope the raptor keeps working, and my LHB will be back soon.