Enertion Raptor Reviews

There have been a few space cell manufacturing faults surface on here lately. Impossible to tell if it’s a high number in comparison to the overall number. I wonder what the failure/ return rate is for enertion, and if it is still below onloop’s expectation/ contract with the manufacturer? Also, in this case, I wonder if the raptor lid design is an issue, because the tolerance for the space cell build might exceed the perfect alignment the raptor lid needs to align the switch and display ports?

If memories serve me right, I was going over a small pot hole…its not even a pot hole, only an inch indentation on the road. Went right over it and the vibration from the lid probably just cut into the power button and broke it… The button is still there and the battery still works, but the stupid button just would not turn on. Almost threw the whole battery onto the middle of oncoming traffic.

Right when you just start soaking up the experience and thinking “this is awesome”. Unlucky mate.

1 Like

Well you only hear about the failures I would imagine, I wouldn’t say anything if I have a working space cells cause i’ll be out and about enjoying my life on a esk8, BUT I CANT! Fudgeeeee i’m so aggravated right now :triumph:

I don’t think the is a design problem, its the factory problem. They have the deck and the lid so they should have tested out all the batteries but they didn’t so its a failure on their part. They’re lucky they don’t work for my firm, i would have ask for them to pay for all the costs of rectifying the problems and reconsider another factory if they don’t, but @onloop seems too lenient on them. Whatever the case may be, we don’t know whats going on behind the scene so i’ll leave it to him. My bad luck, I hope it runs out soon.

Yeah good point regarding the lid. This is the thing with all forum reported faults/ issues, it’s almost impossible to gauge if it’s a legit issue or not without knowing the overall ratios (happy dudes vs Returns).

1 Like

Had the same issue with the space cell button on my raptor. Battery slides sideways a bit and weight of the battery and thin edge of lid combine to snap one side of the rocker switch. It’s actually a very easy fix. Simply cut top portion of heat shrink to gain access, pop out old switch, solder in new switch (two wires), tape space cell up, go ride.

1 Like

I don’t have a solder iron. But maybe I should have brough it to my engineering friends to fix :thinking: Too late now, it’s already in the winds.

Lol guys! After reading this I am wondering if the raptor and esk8ing is too good to be true!? I just started riding the raptor yesterday for the first time and loved it. Then I went partying at university and we had a volleyball tournament where I tripped when falling after a jump and i gotta go see the doctor because my ancle is fuckdd up :sob: It is some awesome weather out here at the moment…

@Photorph and all the other raptor drivers out there. Do you experience that one motor rotates more as the other too? When I turn the board on the back and let the throttle go a bit and stop, one motor rotates longer than the other. Is that normal? Just wondering

My board got back yesterday! I got home late so didn’t have time to try. Will be on it in a few hours

Usually that indicates the belts are not evenly tensioned. Check the tension with your finger, and if they feel different, adjust one and test, until they stop together.

1 Like

Thanks, i will try that

probably the same celestial ass clown that took all my money and tied it up in RMAs for broken burning shit across three different vendors.

6 Likes

I guess he/she don’t like no eskater. :sweat:

I’ve been a d+ while I wait for my GT to arrive. It gets back on Tuesday :slight_smile: I also got one of the newer decks that has 2 more screws on the lid near the middle.

@HoboFarts got his board back the other day :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah it is kinda shitty. the timing was smooth though. I really missed commuting to work with boosted despite the lack of power so buying it used turned out to be a good decision. @HoboFarts was going on a long vacation so it wasn’t much of an inconvenience having to send it back seeing as he wouldn’t have brought it with him.

UPDATE: I did a slow speed/cruising range test, I kept it under speeds of 20 mph for the most part to mimic my boosted board. I kick pushed to start each time and coasted as much as possible. I accelerated gently each time to try to extend the range as much as possible. I’m 63.5 kg (140 lbs), weather was 88 F (31 C). I got 17 miles (23.5 km) of range WITH 11% battery left over. My average speed was 12 mph and peak was 27 mph. Like I said I was testing to extend range as much as possible, so I was mostly under 20 mph. I have no doubts that in ideal conditions I can get 20 miles of range while riding very conservatively.

Next test will be range while I’m shredding and going as hard as I can, I suspect it will drop significantly but it will still be more than double what my boosted dual plus got me for sure.

8 Likes

Jonloop advised that you need to actually have higher speeds and constant fo get the range. I think there are a number of factors that you already mention, but you should also try that, but you would need a cycle/track rink like onloop has used. Or a straight stretch of 30km, in real world situations as that slow range test.

I think 25km is about what I was getting, but I have managed to get to 30km. Also that 11% you have left on the battery goes a long way when using regenerative braking. Far more extra distance you may think. However you dont want to be too hard or you may get stranded from home trying to stretch it till it dies. Ive tried doing circles around fhe block just fo push it to the limit.

At the end of the day 25km is frign awesome, I have an extra space cell, so its actually my body that cant last. 25km worh say a few stops etc. Thats a 1.25 to 1.30hr ride. Maybe even 1.45. Not going to get that on the boosted yet.

1 Like

I feel like 25km under normal riding conditions is great. Any more is a bonus that probably rarely gets used day to day. I thought I’d be using the Eco mode on the GT for extra long range occasionally- I don’t. Because it limits the torque and speed and I’d rather reduce my range than reduce the ride performance. I also find that my feet are far more stationary than almost any other mode of transport- once I exceed 25km in a single session my feet start to feel it, and will sometimes cramp. Not sure if additional range beyond 25km is worth the weight premium (more batteries) or performance hit. I guess it depends if you have a longer commute, but then I’d probably reach for some other mode of transport.

1 Like

If youre on your own and up for a big day out the extra range is helpful. Ive used my spare battery. But alternatively if you have a fast charger I can charge mine to almost full on a lunchbreak with the fast charger and a powerpoint.

But 25km is reasonable distance to any work or destination where you might normaly have driven.

Update here: I started riding again yesterday, it gets better and better! I gave the Raptor to my 10 yrs older brother which managed to push his limits and fell off while doing a manual… The carbon fiber on the rear and got rashes of quite a bit because the protection got dragged of… Hurts to see it having cosmetic damage already but only a bit that can be hidden under the protection at the end.

As you get a better feeling for the kicktail, it gets more and more useful and I could not imagine picking up the board all the time without one