Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

@Mr_Mahal so what is the wh of the batteries? You said you will check once you have the board.

10ah lithium ion

Capacity alone means nothing.

Isn’t amp hoursvoltage=watt hours? (ie. 1036)

I said this a long time ago @Maxid, but Jeff confirmed its 360 Wh. I can open up the board tomorrow (about to go to sleep), but it makes sense considering the charge times.

@magnetvox How the fuck did you get the board stiff? Lol excuse my language, but I’m having the hardest time in the world trying to get this thing stiff like a regular kingpin truck. What are duro/types of bushings do you have on it? Could you get it stiff enough to where it can’t make sharp turns easily? I am trying so hard to learn how to tame this truck but idk how people do 20+mph with it. It’s just so difficult…I feel like I’ve never ridden an eboard…damn it just hurts my pride lol Either something is wrong with my truck or just nothing works. I have the fattest venom eliminators on it, 90 and 94 duro bushings, and stiff cones of the same rating (which I have to use at the bottom 2nd tier truck because nothing else fits) all tightened down as much as possible. Yet the board mocks me as it just wiggles when I barely step on it.

@Photorph yeah I had no idea this thing would be so hard to maneuver…AT wheels are on a whole other level. Street is still giving me some issues. Also, slow mode is not good for beginners because it has cut outs due to the programming of the remote or something which can cause it to delay the break or not throttle…eco mode and above it’s pretty sensitive but I never went to it in my 10 minute run just now because I didn’t want to kill myself lol This will take more work than I thought and idk when I’m gonna have time to make a video tbh…I can’t even get to GT mode yet because of this. I have to mod my bushings so I can get rid of cones entirely, the axel is not long enough for bigger bushings.

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: Evolve GT | Truck & Bushing Tuning & Handling charateristics

Sorry did not notice. Just remembered that you said you will check as soon as you get yours and thought I ask.

@Maxid np

@darkydawson Yeah I’m ordering a 2 98a barrel cones that should be here by the weekend. Will see if that helps. I will say if there are people out there that can handles this amount of freedom, I commend them because their ankles are strong as fuck or their balance is just superb. I will ride probably for a good 2 hours (I’ll be in eco on flats and see if I can get better at this and get my ankles sore. Hopefully by the time these bushings and the chinese one come I’ll be a lot better.

Ah ok, so did you get 4 sets so you could get the rear trucks as well? (Since there are 8 bushings for the board in total)

Opened mine up a couple days ago 10ah 10s

1 Like

This goes to Everyone!!!

Please be careful at high speeds, always wear helmets and protective gear. Get used to your brake! Look ahead! If you haven’t skated on the path before slow down!!!

I have come off at full speed twice on old board, but not on GT yet ( touch wood ) This pastime can easily be fatal. Caution first, then build up to full speed if comfortable.

After I fell second time my friend said" always ride within your limits" This haunts me as i’m riding and haven’t fallen at high speed since.

So guy’s “Ride within your limits!!!” Have fun carving!

1 Like

Thanks Darky, orderd 3 sets :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice, cheapest you can get. lol I think you’ll like em :wink:

I actually had exactly the same thing happen to my belt due to a rock or twig. Thankfully the belt still seems fully functional and not damaged enough to cause concern. I’ve also had a couple of screws come loose which I only noticed when I could hear something loose. I was lucky the screw didn’t come all the way out and cause damage. I now have loctite on all my motor mount screws!

I have a small tool kit in a pencil case.

Has lube and loctite. Sockets allan keys.

I don’t skate anywhere without…

Smart move

and puncture kit lol I also have a small bike pump somewhere.

Thanks @Mickyboy, just trying to build a picture for the awareness of other new owners.

@Mr_Mahal I just tightened pretty much exactly as @darkydawson said. I’m using the stock bushings, and I’m not considering changing- they work. I found more stability came from tightening the rear over the front. Still retained the carving ability, probably better than before because I can lean in deeper at higher speed with more stability. I’ve never used double kingpin before but my sense is the top kingpin/ bushing can be quite tight, and you retain the carve in the lower. Could be talking out my backside but my board went front almost impossible to balance even at low speed, to rock solid, high speed, great carve with maybe a full turn tighten on the front (top and bottom), and two on the rear. Keeping in mind I probably improved in balance/ stability too after 4 hours or so of riding over a couple days.

@Mr_Mahal coming from the boosted any board will seem more difficult to ride. The boosted is the easiest board to ride that I’ve ever ridden. It’s really the perfect board for beginners. I’ve ridden 3 E-boards total (soon to be 4 with the raptor), and boosted was just effortless. I was going full throttle on pro mode first day and totally comfortable.

The raptor and the GT will take more time to adjust to.

1 Like