Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

Thanks for sharing the incident, and glad it was not worse. And good to see you had helmet/pads on as a little faster/further and who knows where it would have gone. Good luck in recovery or replacement of your deck!

That’s a sad lost right there :frowning: Glad you did not get hurt.

As an advice to everyone. I think more of us have to learn to ride GOOFY, it can save us from accidents, the reason is that because we need to ride on the direction of the traffic to the right side of the road, riding on a REGULAR stance will leave us with our backs to the passing cars and this is just too dangerous.

The driver are not to be trusted ever, they may want to see on what we are rinding and not noticing that they are too close and we can not see them because our stance.

This was the first thing I had to deal after ridding my board on the streets in the BX. ( 1 Week of GOOFY training :slight_smile: )

Safe ridding guys.

What size fuse (if they have one) are they using in the GT? The last gens had one.

Are you having any issue ?

Ive started to hear brake failure issues with remote. Ie drop outs where remote brake function doesnt work for a second. This is in GT mode which is not a good position to be in if your good ng at speed. Could there be an issue with carbon deck and receiver.

Update. Remote was replaced and seemed to have fixed issues. Anyone woth long term use in GT mode and any drop out

For me, not once. Daily use, always in GT mode (last two weeks). Brakes are outstanding. Time will tell I guess.

@Dedbny that was quite some time ago I believe…where are you hearing this? The only two people that had issues like that had bad remotes. They bench tested and where able to replicate the problems, this was not too long after they got to board so manufacturing issue. They got new remotes

On Jay Bostons recent vlogg with GT comparo. Yes updated issue. Remote replaced. However are there any new long term comnents by them with the new remotes. There must be some still out there with these issues.

Possibly. Never had issues with the remote personally…then again I only used it for so long…

0:00-3:00 — Basic Q&A 3:00-5:10 — Breakdown of GT snap video 5:10-7:10 – Board condition overview post-snap 7:10-8:10 – Good news & final comments

https://youtu.be/bPWwzWTefi0

I don’t think we will find any systemic design flaws. Manufacturing defects, sure it’ll happen no doubt, everything has a failure rate. Why? Because the end consumer wasn’t/ isn’t the test bed. These boards had months of beta testing which will (most likely) uncover critical design flaws. This is one of the unspoken benefits of the larger outfits. Sure, you pay more for what you get, but you are getting a product with many hours of testing under its belt, because they have the capital to invest in it (as opposed to having to sell the first batch to fund the second batch etc, and I’m not knocking the innovators who do that- those entrepreneurs ultimately drive everything forward). Plus, this company is one or so generations into its learning cycle. The faults in the previous evolves will ultimately contribute to better GTs, makes business sense to reduce return rates and warranty claims.

What we will most likely see pop up are manufacturing failures. Of course, I could be wrong.

1 Like

Unfortunate topic aside, you make good videos @Mr_Mahal. You have an effective sense of humor (and perspective on it all).

1 Like

Hi guys, I have the Carbon GT off road and street version, I’ll write a short review when I have some time, however a quick question and I’m not a skateboarder.

How do you clean this thing? Specifically the large area flat top where you stand with the grit grip tape etc? You can’t really wipe it with a damp cloth or anything because it is so grippy / sticky that any cloth gets caught on it and pulls fibers from the cloth that get stuck on this, and make it look even worse!! I can’t hose the top of the board off because of the seal, so wondering what you guys do to clean that large grit top area where things stick to,

thanks, Matt

I wouldn’t bother, it’s always going to get dirty because you’re constantly stepping on it. Most dirt just comes off naturally anyway. If you really want to clean it, it’s very easy to unscrew that part with the included allen wrenches and hose off if needed.

Search for “grip gum”. Most skate shops have it, or you can find it easily online. That combined with a brass brush to dig into the grip will keep it in decent condition. It will get dirty no matter what, but that doesn’t mean that you have to let it build up. Fortunately, it is easy to replace the grip if it goes to shit.

1 Like

I’ve been using an old pencil eraser.

@Mr_Mahal is right, grip gum works fir some of this and a cheap option to try

https://www.amazon.com/Grip-Gum-DECK-4inch-STICK/dp/B002Q47538

you are right!

How convenient that the whole grip tape area can be unscrewed and hosed down.

Cleaning grip tape? Belt sander cleaner…Home depot it and save $$$…:wink:

1 Like

How many teeth does the at wheel drive pulley have and how many teeth does the motor pulley have?